Faery Seekers Nov. 12-26 - EnglishRose and ilaidj

ilaidj

Hi EnglishRose and all the faery seekers!

EnglishRose and I PM'ed each other to discuss the spread Marion suggested. Finally we thought of only minor corrections to suit each other's needs. So, positions of the spread are:

1. How to overcome the most influential physical challenge of this Christmas.
2. How to overcome the most influential emotional challenge of this Christmas.
3. General advice on how to act when things go wrong.

There's also a need for one reservation. In my Faerys' Oracle I use additional cards, one of which wished to appear in this reading. This is just a color-printed image designed in the FO's style.

1. The Elk Knight. On the card a winged knight in a chain-mail riding a horse is shown. He forces his way through trees and vegetation, densely populated by faery-folk and other green creatures that are watching him amazed or indifferently, and some even have fum riding on his horse behind him. The keywords for the Elk Knight are retrospectivity, acknowledging your mission, discrepancy. See a small image here: http://slil.ru/23421361/1268350990/90_elk_knight.jpg

In the Chistmas setting I tend to interpret this card as requirement to distance yourself from all the Christmas routine. What needs to be understood is that you can have a good deal of fun on Christmas even without being tired and totally physically wasted. It may seem that there's no other way rather than prepare everything and hunt for presents 'til the moment you think 'my headache is kiiling me'. Take some time writing down everything you need for Christmas. Build your priorites. Write down beside every entry on the list a place where you can most likely get it.

Do only what you need to do. Don't let others tear you apart (e.g. with endless phonecalls). Don't involve in an activity just because 'someone has to do it'. Focus on your physical goals - be attentive to your bodily needs. Always try giving your body some rest when it needs it. Take some time luxuriating in a salt or soapy bath to help yourself relax. While shopping stop at a free-standing cafe (not a mall food-court) and drink a cup of hot fruit tea to clear your thoughts from routine.

2. The Oak Men. Sit down and calmly decide who would you want to see with you this Christmas. Keep your priorities, although it may be tough sometimes. What needs to be understood is that Christmas is not the end of the world, but just a means for building your stable environment or relationships. The Oak Men say Christmas is not the time to show your negative emotional attitudes towards people. You may need to be more welcome towards all people, whether they are friend or foe. Be sincere but delicate (an allusion to Honesty) and this will help you reveal wisdom in yourself that you never thought of. Don't get upset with what didn't work out whether it was your responsibility or someone else's. There'll be chances. It's not the end of the world, remember. It's your chance to learn and gain knowledge.

If things seem uncertain, accept it. And start working on building certainty. Don't think about chances lost - be oriented towards things you can achieve with your efforts. Don't wander about the way things might have been. Be reflexive - think over what went wrong if it did, and do it the right way the next day. It's how the Oak Men gained its experience.

3. The Journeyman. Keep going. Based on your priorities walk your own path. It is a natural affair of things that to have something new you have to free some space for it in your life. Don't be afraid to leave things behind. All that is yours will always stay with you, and things that pass show that they are not yours. You are on your road now: noone to blame, noone to follow. Be confident in what you do - it is the key to the Journeyman. But as already stated by the Oak Men acknowledge mistakes of your own to move further.

The Journeyman's credo is to make a leap of faith. Sometimes you just cannot know what is going to happen next. Put your trust in yourself and move on. Confidence is the key. Wherever you go, it's your way. And you're always the one in charge of your life. Christmas is not an exception.

Sinopsis. The Elk Knight's general message is to watch carefully over your body and its needs, protect it. Remember: you can be joyful and cheerful in Christmas even without lying wasted the day before. The Oak Men say that for your benefit you should learn from experience whether positive or negative and not get upset if something goes wrong. Remember: there's always something that can go and goes wrong. Be delicate to all people, this is not hypocrisy - this is a way to work on stable physical and emotional environment. The Journeyman encourages you to move on whatever happens. All cards in this reading surprisingly follow the same pattern - act, don't stop, try to be above negative situations, don't let minor things spoil a wonderful holiday. Faeries say this Christmas is a nice chance for you to act and learn.

I'm looking forward to hear your feedback, EnglishRose!

EnglishRose

Hi ilaidj and thank you so much for a beautiful reading, especially with the additional cards.

Hi EnglishRose and all the faery seekers!

EnglishRose and I PM'ed each other to discuss the spread Marion suggested. Finally we thought of only minor corrections to suit each other's needs. So, positions of the spread are:

1. How to overcome the most influential physical challenge of this Christmas.
2. How to overcome the most influential emotional challenge of this Christmas.
3. General advice on how to act when things go wrong.

There's also a need for one reservation. In my Faerys' Oracle I use additional cards, one of which wished to appear in this reading. This is just a color-printed image designed in the FO's style. [QUOTE/]
1. The Elk Knight. On the card a winged knight in a chain-mail riding a horse is shown. He forces his way through trees and vegetation, densely populated by faery-folk and other green creatures that are watching him amazed or indifferently, and some even have fum riding on his horse behind him. The keywords for the Elk Knight are retrospectivity, acknowledging your mission, discrepancy. See a small image here: http://slil.ru/23421361/1268350990/90_elk_knight.jpg

In the Chistmas setting I tend to interpret this card as requirement to distance yourself from all the Christmas routine. What needs to be understood is that you can have a good deal of fun on Christmas even without being tired and totally physically wasted. It may seem that there's no other way rather than prepare everything and hunt for presents 'til the moment you think 'my headache is kiiling me'. Take some time writing down everything you need for Christmas. Build your priorites. Write down beside every entry on the list a place where you can most likely get it.

Do only what you need to do. Don't let others tear you apart (e.g. with endless phonecalls). Don't involve in an activity just because 'someone has to do it'. Focus on your physical goals - be attentive to your bodily needs. Always try giving your body some rest when it needs it. Take some time luxuriating in a salt or soapy bath to help yourself relax. While shopping stop at a free-standing cafe (not a mall food-court) and drink a cup of hot fruit tea to clear your thoughts from routine.
What a beautiful card! You are right, this year i'm going to be a bit selfish and not get too stressed out by things. Also i'm going to pamper myself more and not do things i don't want to do, even if its expected of me. Christmas is about fun and this year i'm determined to enjoy it more.
2. The Oak Men. Sit down and calmly decide who would you want to see with you this Christmas. Keep your priorities, although it may be tough sometimes. What needs to be understood is that Christmas is not the end of the world, but just a means for building your stable environment or relationships. The Oak Men say Christmas is not the time to show your negative emotional attitudes towards people. You may need to be more welcome towards all people, whether they are friend or foe. Be sincere but delicate (an allusion to Honesty) and this will help you reveal wisdom in yourself that you never thought of. Don't get upset with what didn't work out whether it was your responsibility or someone else's. There'll be chances. It's not the end of the world, remember. It's your chance to learn and gain knowledge.

If things seem uncertain, accept it. And start working on building certainty. Don't think about chances lost - be oriented towards things you can achieve with your efforts. Don't wander about the way things might have been. Be reflexive - think over what went wrong if it did, and do it the right way the next day. It's how the Oak Men gained its experience.

Again you are right, i spend too much time thinking about what could have been, and what didn't happen. I will take your advice and just focus on what is achievable and if i do something wrong, no big deal, i can get the chance to do it again but succeed this time round. :)

3. The Journeyman. Keep going. Based on your priorities walk your own path. It is a natural affair of things that to have something new you have to free some space for it in your life. Don't be afraid to leave things behind. All that is yours will always stay with you, and things that pass show that they are not yours. You are on your road now: noone to blame, noone to follow. Be confident in what you do - it is the key to the Journeyman. But as already stated by the Oak Men acknowledge mistakes of your own to move further.

The Journeyman's credo is to make a leap of faith. Sometimes you just cannot know what is going to happen next. Put your trust in yourself and move on. Confidence is the key. Wherever you go, it's your way. And you're always the one in charge of your life. Christmas is not an exception.

I'm beginning a fresh start at the moment and i am worried that i might make a wrong decision or choice somewhere along the way. I'm frightened to take a leap of faith but maybe i should just go for it. Also you are right, i do need more self confidence in myself but also trust. I need to trust my insticts instead of always doubting that little voice in my head which just tells me to go for it!

Sinopsis. The Elk Knight's general message is to watch carefully over your body and its needs, protect it. Remember: you can be joyful and cheerful in Christmas even without lying wasted the day before. The Oak Men say that for your benefit you should learn from experience whether positive or negative and not get upset if something goes wrong. Remember: there's always something that can go and goes wrong. Be delicate to all people, this is not hypocrisy - this is a way to work on stable physical and emotional environment. The Journeyman encourages you to move on whatever happens. All cards in this reading surprisingly follow the same pattern - act, don't stop, try to be above negative situations, don't let minor things spoil a wonderful holiday. Faeries say this Christmas is a nice chance for you to act and learn.
Here i understand what you are saying, because there is a fine line between being honest with someone yet delicate so that the honesty doesn't sound blunt. I have a problem saying no to people, and usually end up doing things or favours that i don't really want to be doing. So i really need to find a happy medium where i can be honest with people and put my foot down occasionally, yet not hurt anyones feelings in the process.

Many thanks ilaidj for a very beautiful reading, ask if you need anymore feedback.
Sophie xxx

ilaidj

Thank so much you for the feedback, EnglishRose! :)
I'm glad to see that I caught the situation right. I hope faery advices help you to get things going smooth this Christmas. If a question concerning this spread arises before Nov, 26, go ahead and post it - I'll be sure to draw a card or two to complete the overall picture.

(*biting lips to see your reading*) :)

EnglishRose

Hi ilaidj, here is your Faerie reading, sorry to have kept you waiting. This is my first reading with the Faeries Oracle so forgive me if it's completely off.

1) How can i help myself get ready for the physical demands of the new year? (34 - Sylvanius) I've interpreted this card as meaning, follow your own path this new year, be true to yourself and only do as much as you feel you should do. Don't compare yourself to other's and what they have achieved this new year either, for it's time for you to set your own standards, instead of following other peoples. It's time to look inward, be honest with yourself about your goals this year and know your limitations otherwise you will wear yourself out trying to do too much. However this card also suggests that you indeed have the potential to accomplish a great deal more than you may have expected, you may just surprise yourself.

2) How can i help myself get ready for the emotional demands of the new year? (45 - Taitin the Sylph) This faery recommends that the best approach to the new year is to view it with enthusiasm and excitement. Be flexible and adaptable when it comes to your schedule, develop a more relaxed approach this year and just go with the flow.
Also try to avoid going to excess with food, drink etc and also get enough sleep, otherwise you will feel emotionally drained and tired.

3) General advice from the faeries (6 - The Singer of Connection) For this card i feel that the message is to connect with your family and friends, enjoy their company and they will be there to offer you any emotional support you may need. You will not be alone because not only do you have yourself to rely upon, but also your wonderful family and friends and it should be a lovely time of year for you.

I hope this reading makes some sense to you.
Sophie xxx

ilaidj

Thank You, EnglishRose for the reading. You got interpretation right. All cards are relevant. I will just comment on aspects that give details to cards' meanings.
EnglishRose said:
1) How can i help myself get ready for the physical demands of the new year? (34 - Sylvanius) I've interpreted this card as meaning, follow your own path this new year, be true to yourself and only do as much as you feel you should do. Don't compare yourself to other's and what they have achieved this new year either, for it's time for you to set your own standards, instead of following other peoples. It's time to look inward, be honest with yourself about your goals this year and know your limitations otherwise you will wear yourself out trying to do too much. However this card also suggests that you indeed have the potential to accomplish a great deal more than you may have expected, you may just surprise yourself.
Sylvanus (I always call him Sylvanus instead of Sylvanius) tells me to be self-oriented and honest. The most important thing here that I see is being honest about my physical health and spending energy on different tasks. And you are right - I need to set my own standards. Last few weeks I set only goals regarding my food ration. New Year is the time. I tend to spent too much energy when using some divination techniques, and honestly I like it. But there must be adequacy and self-constraint in such practices.

EnglishRose said:
2) How can i help myself get ready for the emotional demands of the new year? (45 - Taitin the Sylph) This faery recommends that the best approach to the new year is to view it with enthusiasm and excitement. Be flexible and adaptable when it comes to your schedule, develop a more relaxed approach this year and just go with the flow.
Also try to avoid going to excess with food, drink etc and also get enough sleep, otherwise you will feel emotionally drained and tired.

I never thought of the Taintin the Sylph in a relaxation aspect. But now I do - thank you for this insight. This New Year is going to be quite - I'm not planning to invite or spend time with a noisy company. Probably it will be just me, my wife and her mother. So taking it easy emotionally has mostly to deal with getting all the food fresh and healthy this time. I need certain things planned in advance, since I aim to arrange a wild boar. *yummy*

Also I see that those friends who should receive a gift should receive it. There are some friends living far from here that I wish I could see more often. I should probably send them a present, as I see from the Singer of Connection card.

EnglishRose said:
3) General advice from the faeries (6 - The Singer of Connection) For this card i feel that the message is to connect with your family and friends, enjoy their company and they will be there to offer you any emotional support you may need. You will not be alone because not only do you have yourself to rely upon, but also your wonderful family and friends and it should be a lovely time of year for you.

For me personally the coming of winter is to signify a new stage in life. That time I need to connect mental, emotional and phisical 'properties' of my body to gain access to 'new features', just like in reiki you need to purify yourself to a certain extent to transmit energies.

Thank You once again for the reading, it did clear up and proved some things that I was thinking about. :)