Combinations of cards - recurring Numbers

Muser257

The Four Knights post got me thinking, is there anywhere else that there is information on recurring cards. Like i've heard two sevens in the same spread mean true love, and 3 eights in a spread mean extensive travelling. Is there any area where i can find this out?

Sulis

I think that the only way to find stuff like this out is to think about the numbers and what they mean to you.

For me, lot's of eights in a spread would relate to the major card, Justice and would mean that things were drawing to a close, being sorted out and moving towards balance.

A lot of sevens would related to the Chariot and would mean that obstacles were being overcome, risks were being taken and problems were being turned into solutions.

Maybe take a look at some of the numerology threads over in Divination and come up with some meanings for the numbers then take it from there: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=11533

Miren

**edited by Miren to delete what turned from an on-topic question into a specific example inappropriate for this forum.

Sulis

Hi Miren,

Why not post the whole reading (with your own take) in the Your Readings forum?

It's a little difficult to help with just 2 cards.

Oh and I wouldn't say that either of those cards were 'bad', even with a reversal.
Reversals aren't 'bad' you know :)

edited to add: and this thread is about recurring numbers in general, not about specific readings.

Miren

Technically if it works in generalities shouldn't it work in specifics too?

I don't know if my reading is really important enough to post it. Good suggestion, though.

Sulis

Hi Miren,

Yes 'technically' if it works in generalities it will work in specifics too but if you want help with a specific reading (and from your post, I would say that that's what you appear to want) then we have a forum for that, Your Readings.

Moonbow

With recurring numbers I think it's important to make note of them and what they mean to you as an individual. Many of us use some numerology when reading Tarot, and it's difficult to impart that on others as though it's gospel. If I had a string of readings where 7's appeared, whether reversed or not, then I would take notice of the number 7 itself and what it may mean. It's probably a time of watching to see what else occurs in relation to that number.

As Sulis said, this isn't a reading forum so no one will respond directly to interpretations.

Moonbow*