yoga practice - what crystals and herbs?

buddhagoddess

I have practiced yoga for 12 years. Some years have been more serious than others, but I am trying to reconnect with my practice again. I am beginning to make wire-wrap pendants from simple tumbled stones. I would like to make pendants specifically for my practice, perhaps one for during the session, and one for afterwards. I would like to have a single stone rather than a full seven-chakra pendant. What stones would you recommend? Stones that could help me connect on all levels during the sessions and stones to help take the energy created during the practice and "process it" afterwards would be good (hope that makes sense).

Also, what herbal teas would be good for drinking afterwards? I would like something that is slightly detoxifying, but not too stimulating. I am going to try some green tea with jasmine today and see what happens.

Any thoughts?

crystalwoman

buddhagoddess said:
I would like to have a single stone rather than a full seven-chakra pendant. What stones would you recommend? Stones that could help me connect on all levels during the sessions and stones to help take the energy created during the practice and "process it" afterwards would be good (hope that makes sense).

If you can find some iolite that has sunstone inclusions in it that would be ideal for these purposes. Some other good stones for this would be lepidochrosite, apophyllite or soft-hued ocean jasper that has some pink in it.

geministar

buddhagoddess said:
Also, what herbal teas would be good for drinking afterwards? I would like something that is slightly detoxifying, but not too stimulating. I am going to try some green tea with jasmine today and see what happens.

Any thoughts?

I have recently brought a detox tea which is quite nice. Its apple and cinnamon flavour but has loads of herbs in it like milk thistle and dandelion to detox the body. Im not at home at the moment so cant look at the box to tell you what else is in it. So a tea blend like this would only be available from health food shops or naturopaths.

How did your green tea go? Did you like it?