Tarot of the Cat People, anyone?

Tristram Shandy

princessofpelaw contacted me about starting a study group for Tarot of the Cat People. I am interested in it as well, but is anyone else? If you are, then tell us.

Judith D

Only just saw the message - sorry about the delay. If you are going to start a group, I would love to join you. It was my very first deck, given to me by my daughter, and I still can't read with it. I would love to learn.
JUDITH

annik

I would also be interested. I haven't much touched that deck in a while. I still remember some part of the booklet. But it would be fun to concentrate on the cards.

mgrace

Hi, "Tristram." I would like to participate. Thanks! -- Grace

Tristram Shandy

I asked people how often and in which order we should study the cards. Three members answered. Not all of them were around in Christmas, so the last answer came in 31-12-2006.

All the members said that a couple of cards in a week is the best. This is also my opinion.

annik and mgrace supported studying suit after suit, Judith D preferred number after number. I am neutral to this, so we should listen to the majority.

mgrace suggested the following order: Start with the minors, 1-10, in the Wands, then Cups, then Swords, then Pentacles. Then the courts, ditto; and then the majors. Others didn't gave any detailed ideas, probably because there are many good orders. My only opinion is that we shouldn't start with Swords. Interpreting some of them made me scratch my head a lot. I'd say that the person, who starts the first thread about Tarot of the Cat People cards, can decide the first suit. Anyone can start threads.

Magenta_Wolves

I'd like to join in too please, if ts not too late

mgrace

Delay on my part

I wanted to say that I remain very interested in participating in an S.G. on the Cat People deck. There has been some medical "stuff" in my family (my mother is doing well, but is in hospital, and various extra activities have manifested). I am behind on my writing; hope to do the first card w/in a couple days. One of the things that I will be doing is looking at the diffs between this deck and the standard RWS interps. It is very RWS but there are some interesting diffs. For some reason at this point, I am inspired to look at the lore of RWS, tho I read mainly by my impression of each card in the moment. I'm having fun; it's just more immersion -- and the desire to take this 'nother look is probably what finally had me find my way to Aeclectic. Looking forward to being in the cards w/ you all. --Grace

PS -- Whatever order is fine by me, except that I am inclined to start w/ the minors vs. majors.

Judith D

My only reasoning for suggesting study by numbers is that it might be possible to do all four of the minors 'together' and compare them and match them. It's probably taking a rather large bite, but would help us get through the whole minors without taking too much time. However, as I mentioned to Tristram Shandy, I am very new at this and have no experience in how it will work. So - mgrace's suggested order sounds good too.
Does anyone have the proper book by the artist/author? I only have the lwb, and the odd quote from her book could be very useful indeed. I cannot get it here in SA.
And for starting us off - Tristram it was your suggestion in the first place, so how about it?

AJ

this deck and book is in the mail to me right now. Not sure what I could contribute, but will help if I can.

mgrace

AJ / Book / #s(?)

AJ: By all means -- great! (IMHO!)

I have the book ("Traveler's Guide" or so)

Re the #s studied as a piece -- I've actually wanted to do the deck that way in the past. My form is a little diff at the moment -- but again, to the masses.... Just don't know that I'll post all four cards at once right now; didn't want to whine, but I'll aim for two a week for the moment, myself. Now that we seem to be on a roll, thinking whoever gets there first should just have at it (IMHO!). Looking forward!

P.S.: When I used this deck actively, I ended up laying out a grid, to see how the #s played out in each suit; I found it hard to grasp all the relationships; didn't know if it was me or the deck. I'll write more about the #s, tonight if possible.