A General: 13 cards: cartomancy

Phoenix Rising

In this spread I draw 13 cards randomly from a fanned out deck of playing cards. this spread was used by my Good friend who has been reading playing cards for 25 years. She always starts off all of her readings with 13 cards to give a general overview, so I thought that I would give it a try, using PP method.

Joker(black) J:heart: 2:heart: Q:spade: 9:heart: J:club: Q:heart: J:spade: K:diamond: Q:diamond: 10:diamond: 3:spade: 10:heart:

Firstly upon looking 7 court cards appear in this spread, people, people, which is very true as I always have people trumping through my house like grand central station. However the Joker leads the deck indicating a Significant or spiritual event.

A significant or spiritual event in regards to a sensitive young individual J:heart: it sometimes represents my daughter. But to be sure that sitting behind her is success, I think this person may have been hoping for an event to occur and it may very well manifest, as the wish cards sits with a more experienced woman an older woman who's wish may come true. It looks like it will effect many people within the family, as the 10:heart: ends the layout, an unexpected event in connection with money or financial/business means, will have a cause for joy and celebration!! I think some Good fortune may bestow these people.

celticnoodle

13 card spread

you did not mention what each card pulled would represent, and i was intrigued to try this 13 card pull for myself, so I did. I just decided to read from the left to the right to determine what is about to happen.

i pulled these 13 cards using the Rider Waite deck-as my playing cards were not with me at teh time I did this reading.

I am hoping you will check out my reading on the 'your readings', but i wonder if you could just let me know if the 13 positions have a specific meaning, or if you do just read them left to right? thanks!
cn.

Phoenix Rising

HI CN

There is no specific position, you just look at the cards that jump out at you first..in the above all the courts lumped together, then the Joker and the 2 10's which represent changes, in this case good changes, that will come unexpectedly. Then you can read each card with the 2 following it as a trio, the above was fairly easy, as there were only a few pips and the rest were people. With the addition of the Jokers to the deck, has added more significance to the mundane. The meanings are the PP method card meanings.

celticnoodle

thanks PR! it was an interesting spread. i'm going to try it again today, using my playing cards.

Phoenix Rising

I thought I'd do another spread for a general overview for this week 14-21 Dec

2:diamond: 2:club: 4:heart: 10:club: Q:club: 3:spade: Q:spade: 10:heart: K:spade: A:spade:rv 8:spade: A:club: 4:club:

An unknown situation will come to the surface and it will bring disappointment and hurt feelings, however I think that it maybe of a minor matter. There is an unexpected official matter for a woman who is practical and efficient, this is also my significator, it may involve a family situation. There is also a man who lives at "a distance" who will be going through some type of healing crisis. As there will be some form of communication that will bring news of an unfortunate matter.

Joermit

LOL...

look at the reading I just did for you in our other thread, has somewhat of the same message! just finished posting it and then I pop over here and see this....lol... very interesting!

Joey

Phoenix Rising

A Yearly General for 2007

Ok using my new Pippoglypth cards that Joey gifted to me:
6:heart: Q:heart: A:club: K:heart: 5:club: 3:spade: 10:heart: 5:diamond: A:heart: J:spade: J:diamond: 2:diamond: J:club:

3 Jacks (involvement with young people)
2 Aces (New Energy)
2 Fives (creativity, movement)
5 hearts (emotional issues, family, friends)
3 clubs (movement, ideas)
3 diamonds (values)
3 spades (lessons)
Looks like with the above statistics, a even balance of things, new energies and dealing with young people.

With the 6h leading the pack, a very good start to the year as far as ambitions and goals..a positive outlook. A caring sensitive woman, who in which I will be in communication with, this could be my language teacher as well, since I will be going back 2nd year of study with a new teacher, she is very much like this. There will also be regular communication with another man of a caring sensitive nature, it appears that there is some sort of unexpected arrangement or commitment. There appears to be some love and happiness this year as well. There will be much information overload, may even be doing some form of correspondence at home, but whatever it will be will be most satisfactory. The Jacks sitting next to the home are my children. There is an unknown element between the Jd & Jcl..This could be anything from secrets, suspicions, mystery..a unusual card to have sitting here.
Things are centred around communication and the home..very much what I expect.
So generally a very pleasing year, with no major hickups, no 4's, no worries, no major dramas. Yee--ah!!! Roll on 2007

I am updating this, although it is 10 months since the end of last year. I had decided to look over my past readings. I did indeed meet a young man at my school, I must say that he certainly stirred my heart strings the whole year while we were together, he was an emotional man, he has since moved on.

It was a good year, and alot of information overload with school.