Witchy Tarot - Wheel

Feisty Kat

subtitle: elderberry

Scene: A large wagon wheel sits in the turf at the base of an elderberry tree. On it stands a female with a wand in her left hand that she is about to drop as another enthusiastic female jumps on to her back. An owl perches on the top of the wheel while a snake passes by the base of it.

Symbols: wheel, elderberry, owl, snake

B*B--Feisty Kat

Feisty Kat

Symbols

Information I found on the 'net about some of the symbols in this card.

Wheel - sun or sun's path; movement, unity, the zodiac, life's path, change, fortune, the ups and downs of life

Elderberry - death, sorrow, magick, used in herbal remedies, breaks curses, rids area of negativity and theives, drives away snakes, wards off spirits, brings good luck, tree of witches, gives protection; "With it relationship to death and to protection, it is natural to see elderberry as a representation of a yin-yang relationship between life and death. The seeds of life are in death, and the seeds of death are in life. The beginning holds the end and the end holds the beginning. The Eternal Round." from: http://www.wtv-zone.com/WolfDogCircle/Herbs/elder3.html

Owl - wisdom, psychic powers, the "angel of death," the goddess of night, spiritual influence, cosmic spirituality, vison, insight, witchcraft, sorcery, soul, prophecy, protector

Snake - reincarnation, protection/destruction, duality, universal life force, transformation, good to be found in bad and bad can be found in good, fertility, healing, cycles,

Any one have anything to add?

B*B--Feisty Kat

Feisty Kat

participation needed

If someone doesn't start participating with me on this, I will discontinue. I'm about to have my first child and can find other ways to spend this energy.

B*B--Feisty Kat

archer1

Keep up the good work ... I just picked up this deck and was looking for some help...

Don't be so frustrated most of the forums here have been less then lively for some time...

My big question is why the switch of the wheel and justice in the order unless it is a typo....

Feisty Kat

archer1 said:
Keep up the good work ... I just picked up this deck and was looking for some help...

Don't be so frustrated most of the forums here have been less then lively for some time...

My big question is why the switch of the wheel and justice in the order unless it is a typo....

Thanks. I'll try to get this card finished up today.

I think you are thinking of Justice and Strength. Some decks switch them from the RW standard. I prefer it with strength as 8. <shrug> I'm not sure with this deck it matters much as it isn't a RW clone any way.

Wheel is "always" X, er 10.

B*B--Feisty Kat

archer1

Here is link to photobucket and the pics.....Wheel is XI and Justice is X

wheel.jpg

archer1

maybe I posted in wrong group but it is weird isn't it?

Feisty Kat

archer1 said:
maybe I posted in wrong group but it is weird isn't it?

yep.

B*B--Feisty Kat

Feisty Kat

Meanings

I find this card fairly typical for the Wheel.

Meanings: cycles, ends found in beginnings and beginnings found in ends, change, life path, seasons, birth/death/rebirth, surprises, find balance, evolution

The owl can symbolize wisdom gained or the end of something, while the snake can symbolize transformation. The tree can symbolize growth which can also mean that something has to die or change.

Reversed: instability, stationary, not time to go forward, on a hamster wheel, patience needed, all in good time.

This may be my last post for this deck due to lack of participation.

B*B--Feisty Kat