For Users of the US Postal System --a Warning!

firecatpickles

(Mods please move this if necessary.)

I sent a book via US Post yesterday. I paid for "Media Mail" postage. The person behind the counter told me that all Media Mail can be opened and inspected by any Postal Employee to check that the package is indeed "media," and not something else, such as tarot cards.

Tarot cards, though they should, are not considered "media," but "games." Just a heads up, don't wanna see anyone get in trouble...

[Then again, you could always use a fake return address, sunglasses, a beard, and a hat in case they want to go after that extra 50 cents! })]

~KK

FantasyWorld

A deck of cards by themselves are NOT for media mail BUT a set with a book is.....it is alos unlikely that a postal would open the package to inspect it unless they are in a bad mood or truly suspect that person maybe from prior dealings moreless for them to have the time to do such a thing.

If it makes it thru the clerk in paying for it.......trust me..it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be opened.

gregory

.............but it might be..... :eek:

However - an LWB is a book..... isn't it ?

firecatpickles

FantasyWorld said:
...unless they are in a bad mood ...
A US Postal worker? In a bad mood? Noooo....

gregory said:
...an LWB is a book..... isn't it ?
Game instructions

---Signed,
})'s advocate

gregory

kilts_knave said:
Game instructions

---Signed,
})'s advocate
What - descriptions of each card ? - NOOOO - spiritual guidance.
Signed: :angel:'s advocate

FantasyWorld

kilts_knave said:
A US Postal worker? In a bad mood? Noooo....

---Signed,
})'s advocate

It's the Easter Bunny,It's Santa Clause.....No..it's a postal employee spreading their good cheer....
Mwhahahaha:p

firecatpickles

FantasyWorld said:
It's the Easter Bunny,It's Santa Clause.....No..it's a postal employee spreading their good cheer....
Mwhahahaha:p
What's next? A metermaid from Glendale, California who describes herself as fun-loving, out-going, and easy to get along with?

Stacie Doll

When shipping decks, Postal workers have asked me what's inside and I say cards. They never said anything, so I didn't know I wasn't supossed to ship that way.

tmgrl2

But one could say...

"It's 'reading' material."

})

My postal workers know I mail cards and they still send it via media mail.