Scrying - Crystal Balls vs. Glass Balls

crystalwoman

In another topic Embla asked a question about crystal balls, which I feel is deserving of a topic of its' own:
Embla said:
Hi Crystalwoman! Crystal balls have been discussed a great deal here at the forum. What do you think about the crystal balls that are made by melting down crystal to make manufactured, clear spheres? Would you think it was better to use a natural clear quartz sphere for scrying? I am really interested in your perspective on this.
My own feeling is that for scrying purposes a quartz crystal sphere would be better, simply because the quartz sphere has a living spirit residing within it and the glass sphere does not. The living quartz will enhance the psychic abilities of the scryer. However, there are psychics of my acquaintance that use the Chzekoslovakian leaded glass crystal balls to very good effect. Some of the European-made glass balls are absolutely flawless with no swirls or tiny bubbles in them and provide an excellent point of focus that enables the scryer to go into a trance state more easily. But the true psychic talent lies within the scryer, and the crystal ball, whether it is pure quartz or leaded glass, is just a tool that helps the scryer to tap into their own talent. A strongly talented scryer can use just about anything - mirrors, water, milk, faceted crystals, clouds, leaves or bark on a tree, even grass growing on a lawn, or the woven pattern in a blanket.

I'd be really interested in hearing of other people's experiences with various different scrying tools.

Alta

Hi folks,

Scrying itself needs to be discussed in Divination please.

Anything about crystal balls versus glass is fine here, including properties etc, but experiments and experiences in scrying is certainly Divination.

Thanks,
Marion

Moderator, C&H

Sulis

I don't have a preference and I think it depends on the person and on the sphere.

I think that one person may find a bowl of water the best thing to scry in, another will find a pane of glass the best, another would want a glass sphere and someone else may prefer a quartz sphere.

Myself, I use my small cauldron filled with water or my rainbow obsidian sphere.
Depends what mood I'm in and I've had success with both.

I quite fancy getting a plain glass sphere though - they are relatively cheap for quite large pieces and they look beautiful.

Sophie

I like scrying with my black obsidian mirror best. It has wonderful energy, and has given me interesting results. Inspired by sharpchick, I got myself a beautiful selenite ball, but I've not tried it to scry with. Not sure how it would work!

Embla

First of all I want to thank Marion for the excellent job she does as a moderator. Your clarity impresses me everytime.

I agree this subject deserves a thread of its own. The reason I asked about this is because I have one natural quartz sphere at home, and one man-made crystal ball, from China I think it is, that was gifted to me. The man-made ball appears absolutely flat and dead to me, in comparison to the living Brazilian natural quartz. The living quartz shines with a very bright light of its own it seems, whereas the man-made quartz looks more or less like a normal drinking glass with a lack of glow. I lament that I feel this way about it, because since the man-made balls are much more affordable than the natural spheres, the man-made ones are the only ones I could ever purchase a larger piece of. And I would really love to have a large crystal ball some day.

Ace-Of-Cups

cool

the bottome cm of my amethyst pendulum is clear, so i might try that, otherwise, ill use my mirror, bout 5-6" across