The Pentagram of Love (93/93)

Baccus93

I just recently created this spread. I've examined it a couple of times for its practicality, for its value as an accurate tool for making the big decisions.

For lack of a better name I call it The Pentagram of Love. It uses the formula of the banishing pentagram of earth followed by the invoking pentagram of earth. The idea behind this is that the first five cards are laid out to banish or eliminate the potential misguided influences of the querent, to gain an objective perspective. The second five cards are laid out, now within this objective environment, in order to create (make manifest) that which the querent has come seeking, to make real the outcome of their desire. The final card, the eleventh, is the overall message of this reading.

This is not a forecast throw in most senses, this is an actual magickal attempt to make real the outcome the querent desires. It is not actually possible to guarantee that the querent will get what s.he wants, so some times the reading gives warning that such and such desire should not be pursued. You must be very cautious to tell your "client" this information. One way to look at this spread is to suggest that this is the outcome if the desire is actually pursued.

This spread is partly based on the assumption that no matter what you tell the querent, they are still going to try to manifest their current expectations - this reading is designed to lesson any shock to the system that such an action can cause if the truth of the matter is that it is an altogether bad idea. But if it isn't a bad idea, this spread is very valuable in helping assure the best results.

The concept of this spread is that it is based on the Thelemic phrase "Love is the law, love under will." Even though I call it The Pentagram of Love, it can be used for basically any choice that is going to be made because it is assumed that all the outcomes of a person's life are based on the maxim above stated and that whatever the true inclination of a soul's journey is, Love and Will are the directing forces that manifest the results.

If you don't prefer using reversals in your tarot, this works fine when you consider the elemental influences of each arm of the star. If the banishing pentagram and the invoking pentagram cards in a particular arm are opposite elements, read the cards as weakened or averse (using your intuition and the other cards in the spread to guide you). And using this non-reversal method means that the center card is determined to be influenced by the overall majority of suits not including itself - that is, or example, if the center card is a cup, then the other majority will determine if it is rightly interpreted or aversely interpreted. In the case of the center card being a Trump, use your knowledge of the best elemental energy behind the trump; also, this would make it a very major issue - a life lesson. If you use reverse card meanings in your tarot, then no further information from me about that is required. I have tried it both ways and I feel the non-reversal method is the best. But, of course, I prefer that with nearly all my spreads.

=============================
----------------4----9-------8----5
===================11
---------------------7---------10
-------------------1--------------3

Oh, when laying out the cards, I recommend you complete the pentagrams by drawing the lines between 5&1 and 10&6 even though you will not be dropping cards then.

mgrace

Hi & welcome; your spread

Notice the interesting spread name, had to read, and see this is your first post. Welcome.

I see you say this spread needn't be specifically about love (except, one might say, that everything actually Is about love...). I will use it (down the list of some priorities) to look at an issue for which I will be searching quite a bit (I think) for perspective and guidance. Thanks for sharing it. I'll report back when I do the reading. --Grace

Baccus93

[EDIT]

Yeah, pretty stupid! I forgot to mention the meanings of the positions!

1. (Earth) This is what you want, your ultimate desire in this situation - sometimes what you may not even be aware of that you need at this time.
2. (Spirit) The spirit of your desire, this shows what you will be moving towards in getting your desire; some times this means what you should prepare for or what you should make manifest in order to achieve your desire.
3. (Fire) The imagination of your desire. This shows the creative force behind the object of your desire, what your desire wants of you and how they perceive you will get where you are to go from here. What they think is next.
4. (Air) The thoughts of your desire. This is what the other person perceives about you, how they regard you in their mind.
5. (Water) The feelings of the other person regarding you and the question you ask.
6. (Invocation) This is how the querrent is beginning his approach, what you need to know to strengthen the likelihood of a positive outcome.
7. (Pentacle) What you have, can use. The physical means by which you can manifest getting what you want. The objects you can use, or the way in which you should go about this.
8. (Cup) What you feel. This card can give you information on how you should express your emotions.
9. (Dagger) What you think. This card can be used to know what you should say or how you should go about saying it.
10. (Candle) What you can show. Use this card to decide how you should look.
11. (Overall Message) This card should be viewed first and last, it gives the overall impression of the situation.

Baccus93

...and why I like it.

I am a professional tarot reader. I am not bragging, just letting you know this story. Any way, shortly after I posted this spread I got a call from a new client to do a reading. I asked her "What brings you to a tarot reading today?" She said, "I want to know what I have to do to make things happen with me and Joe."

Ha ha ha ha!! So I told her it was her lucky day because I had just invented this spread. And as she said, "There are no accidents. No wonder I had the urge to contact you."

What a thrill. And thank you Aeclectic Tarot for giving me the apparatus with which to make physical the energy. I feel that this publishing was the talisman needed for that lady, even though she had no idea about your sight, the energy went out that way.

Don't you just love the way magick works?