Readers and Collectors of Tarot and Oracles

Tarot Oracle Reading Collecting Poll

• Total voters

Papageno

I thought it would be interesting to see how many people in this forum consider themselves primarily readers, collectors, both or a person who is generally exploring all possibilities in their study of cartomancy and it's art.

It would also be revealing to see what percentage of that collection is devoted to regular use for reading and study.

jmd

I see myself 'primarily' neither as reader nor as collector, but as tarot enthusiast, using the deck as one of three important developments arising in our modern era.

Granville

I am definitely a collector and have become a decent reader as well. I also like the term, Tarot Enthusiast.

Little Hare

well while i would like to consider myself a collecter, no matter what happens i always am giving away any decks that i do not use. Even now i'm tossing up whether to give away a brand new universal waite, as i really can't bear having cards around that aren't going to be used !

Papageno

I kicked this off with my own profile as reader & collector. less than 5% of my collection used regularly used for reading.

Rosanne

I use 15% of my deck collection on a regular basis. In that 15% are four decks that I use for study- They are RWS/Thoth/Conver TdM/Visconti. The rest are favourites for their particular style that appeals. I no longer read for the public so I choose now only what I like. That can change by one or two decks over a year. The rest sit in a chest and I take them out as the fancy takes me- look through them, put them all in a different order back in the chest. I have a small case for the 15% and it sits by the computer. These I truely like. ~Rosanne

Lillie

I don't know.
I don't suppose I am serious about anything.

I generally only use the Thoth seriously, but using other decks can be fun.

I have a couple of dozen decks, but I'm not really a collector.

It's just something I do, for fun.

Grizabella

I marked primarily reading and study.

And it's just a guess, but probably 25% I read with regularly, although I could read with all but two of them fluently if I used them all.

Sheri

I also marked "primarily reading and study" for my vote. I have a collections, but with a few exceptions I read with or expect to read with them all. I try to look for decks that present a different take on some or all the cards or an approach - so there a personal growth aspect there too.

Although, I am not saying I would pass on a stunning deck that follows a more traditional look :D

valeria

Papageno

jmd said:
I see myself 'primarily' neither as reader nor as collector, but as tarot enthusiast, using the deck as one of three important developments arising in our modern era.

now that's a unique answer. can you explain that, I'm not really sure what you mean by that. ..................and what are the other 2 arising developments?