Ironwing two of spikes

magpie9

I pulled this card this morning and have been fiddling it with my mind ever since. how does this relate to my day? It was a day in "downtime," going forward with no projects, creating nothing, deciding nothing, simply resting and recharging in stillness, with no expectations of the day or myself, except the hope that the rest and stillness I have chosen, between active days, will recharge me when I move forward again.

The torches are equally desirable, equally important. The book says: "The torches are the complimentary powers of knowledge and intuition, observation and imagination. Together they represent choice as a gateway into opportunity, and responsibility." Each holds something of the other in their tails, like the Ying-Yang.

The beetle is at the balance point looking forward with its real eyes, but appearing to look backwards with the false eyes on it's thorax. So the "false" eyes would be the treasure of memory--what we have learned from experience, and this protects us, and at the time defines where we have been.

And maybe that's it. The beetle stays between the 2 torches, that are both the same and different. Their function is similar, containing fire, dispersing scent. Smell is the most basic and strongest key to memory...is the beetle remembering, or looking to the future? Maybe both? I think perhaps she is simply in the now, neither moving forward or back. She is perfectly centered both side to side and head to tail between the 2 torches.

I have always thought of the two of wands as a card of standing in the gateway of accumulated experience, on the brink of movement forward into something new. It is the momentary hush before the clamor of new activity.
But now I'm not so sure of all that, I think there are other choices one can make...to not go forward just yet. Or even at all. Or even go backwards, until the time to go forward feels really really right, not just available. Not just expected. The important hings happen in their own time, not on our time-clock. It's a good thing for me to remember.

magpie9

Have I done something wrong here? I was hoping people would post to say how they see the card...:bugeyed:..?

Mi-Shell

magpie9 said:
Have I done something wrong here? I was hoping people would post to say how they see the card...:bugeyed:..?

Hi Magpie!
No, you have done nothing wrong!!! You feel just like me, posting on the other Ironwing threads - - - and being there alloooooone!
So much so that all the scientific stuff I had collected while studying the cards stays in my folder in my Pc and I feel awkward to post it.
I love the Ironwing but am still in the 'getting to know and learn' phase.
And I painted my 2 of spikes- just a little...
For me it is the creative juice / fizzz / spark, igniting my imagination in more than one way.
Walking through that gate between the 2 torches is like slipping into a Tupilak = the opening between the legs of an Inukshuk, the gate to the Spirit World.Only this gate szissels you full of creative energy.
and you are right in posting the question above! We should breath some life into these threads.
So I will post what happened to me / us with the 8 of Spikes in its thread!

And least I forget: a painting of an Inukshuk!

Attachments

• pr2028kl.jpg
    pr2028kl.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 100