Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

mysticangel_001 
Citizen

Cleansing and charging your cards

Not sure this is the right forum but I'll try it here.

What is the best way to cleanse your deck and how often should it be done? I heard that waving the cards through incense smoke was a good way of cleansing them but do you fan the cards out, do them one at a time, just hold the deck, stacked, above the smoke? Are there other ways of cleansing them?

When my cards aren't in use I have two crystals (clusters?) sitting on top of the deck. One is a small, three cluster, Herkimer diamond and the other is twin quartz points with some black crystal growing inside of them. I will, generally, hold the cards in my hands and infuse them with energy before doing a reading and will charge the crystals about every two weeks the same way.

I'm the only one who touches my cards and crystals so I don't worry so much about them picking up negative energy like they would from others handling them. If others were to handle them I would cleanse and charge them more often.

Any suggestions on whether or not I'm doing this correctly?
mysticangel_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
TheOld 
Citizen

hello,
Your doing great, and the simple is the better.
just put inscense on the card pack , don't bother with individual card.
you could also imagine black energy from the cards to the Earth

do it as often as you feel you like/need to.
Have fun.
Omeada
TheOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
mysticangel_001 
Citizen

Yea! Thank you!
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
elvenstar 
riding the wheel...

Hi mysticangel, if you're happy with the way you're doing it and the cards feel good to you, then you're doing it correctly, there's not a right or wrong way. I'll sometimes do the things you said, or blow cold air on them, or bang them on a table . Other times I won't do anything at all. I also don't mind others touching them, it's a totally personal thing. You can search threads here about other ways people use.
elvenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
mysticangel_001 
Citizen

I was thinking about the whole thing with other people touching them. I'm flying to the east coast next month and was thinking that, if I'm terribly bored maybe I would break out my cards and offer readings to people who are sitting aound me? Could give me some practice and be fun...or I could have people moving faaaaar away from me. LOL I don't think the crew would be too pleased with me lighting incense on the plane to cleanse my cards, though. I'll figure something out.
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Sulis 
believer in magic

Why do you feel as if they need to be cleansed?

I never cleanse decks and I love people to touch them and my cards all work fine.
Sometimes I waft them through some incense but that's to make them smell nice, not because I think they're dirty.

The magic is in the reader, not the cards.

My advice - shuffle, shuffle, shuffle.

Found you some old threads:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=3044
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=69740
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=47423

If you do a search and type 'cleansing' into the box and search in 'titles only' you'll find 4 pages of threads on cleansing cards...

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it' - Roald Dahl
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
dandelion 
Citizen

One of my favorite ways to cleanse and charge a tool is to leave it near a window where it can catch moonlight. If something really seems to need a vacation, I'll leave it there for a complete moon cycle (or three ). This alternative works great for those who are sensitive to smoke, or in smoke-free locations.

Also, while not specifically a "cleansing," a simple way to connect with your cards and thank them before and after reading is simply to hold the deck and touch it to your third eye, perhaps with a couple words - spoken or thought - giving thanks to your cards.
dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
duskymorning 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis

I never cleanse decks and I love people to touch them and my cards all work fine.
Sometimes I waft them through some incense but that's to make them smell nice, not because I think they're dirty.

wow...... haha....... feel the same here. learn so much from this post

Last edited by Sulis; 25-01-2007 at 23:29. Reason: to fix the quote box
duskymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
mysticangel_001 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis

Found you some old threads:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=3044
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=69740
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=47423

If you do a search and type 'cleansing' into the box and search in 'titles only' you'll find 4 pages of threads on cleansing cards...
Hmmm...well I was told to clear that occasionally I would need to clear them of the energy or thought patterns of previous readings. I was also living in an apartment that was on an extreme geopathic stress line so it was suggested that they were probably picking up a lot of negative energy from that the location I was in. *shrugs*
Old 26-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
casia 
Citizen

I leave them out in the sun sometimes and keep them in a wooden box with a lapizlasuli stone, which is said to be the stone for psycic power... and comunication.... (sorry for the miss spelled words).

Old 29-01-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today