21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

Starling

I bought Tarot for Yourself when it was new in my last period of studying Tarot. I've thought it was funny that I'm doing another intensive period of studying with Mary Greer again this time around.

Princess Judy

21 Ways - Step Two: Golden Tarot XIX The Sun

I am a child sitting on the back of a white, greyish horse. It could be considered a purebred Andalusian horse, I can feel him eminating so much power beneath me... The energy is surging up my legs, he's carrying me and I can trust him fully. I feel victorious, this is a victory ride.
I'm much bigger than you think I'd be when looking at me from the outside of the card. Actually I'm not at all a normal baby, I am a giant. The horse almost appears small below me. I am more powerful than I thought, I have been much smaller.
The wall behind me gives me a sense of security, that what lies behind it, that chapter, it's closed. I could look back though, if I'd stand on the horses back and look over the wall, then I'd see a barren battlefield. I'd prefer not to look back, but know it is there. The plants on the wall tend to close in on me if I'd do so, so it's wiser not to.
The sun feels good and radiant on me, I feel warm. It gives me power. And it sees things I can't see, it overlooks all.
A light breeze moves through my sheer veil, carrying it forward as if it were to lead me, winking me gently towards a brighter future.

Ok, shit, I don't have the book yet (it's on his way), but just having read the assignment and other posts in this thread more carefully, discovered step 2 has to be done WITHOUT assumptions, and my description is full of it!
Actually, all my objective descriptive powers went into step one...
Oh well, I think it was very insightful and wonderful to do (even if I did it 'wrong').

Starling

Don't let those "assumptions" bother you. I found that I was doing a lot of the same things over and over again in many of the Steps. In some ways we do them more intensely than Mary Greer expected us to do them in this Study. Mainly, I think, because we are writing things out and posting them.

Princess Judy

21 Ways - Step Two: Golden Tarot 8 of Coins

I'm sitting on a straight wooden bench. I drill holes in a square piece of wood.
There are different tools on the table, like a hammer, nails and so on.
On the floor there are tools like a saw and axes, and a block of wood.
Behind me is an open window with woods and a white castle.
There's a seagull standing on the table.
I wear a brown robe, with something red underneath and a blueish purplish cloth wrapped around my head.
There are eight coins on my left side, floating in the air.

tapestry

STEP 2: Victorian Romantic -- KING OF CUPS

I am the king and I am sitting at a long table with a gold tablecloth. The table is full of food and drink. I have my purple robe on and I sit at the head of the table. I am surrounded by 3 smiling people. I have my left hand up to welcome more people to my feast and my right hand is grasping a jug of wine.

mosaica

Step 2: Nigel Jackson 8 of Swords

I kneel on the ground on my knees. Everything is dark behind the blindfold that covers my eyes. The ground is soft, but cold on my knees. My feet are bare and cold. There is a rope tied around my waist and my hands have been tied behind my back. I don't dare to move because I sense obstacles all around me, large and sharply menacing. There is heaviness hanging above my head. I am a captive, a prisoner of my fears. I cannot see reality, but can only picture it in my head. I'm imagining the worst situation possible, danger everywhere. It's safer just to stay here and not move, a victim of my fears. I cannot see the sun rising and shining a golden glow on the rocks. There are better days ahead, if only I could get free.

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/413/Nigel_Jackson#44

(Now that I've written that out, I realize that I've made a lot of observations of things that I wouldn't be able to know if that were really me. And there *is* fire in the card. Jackson attributes swords to fire and I didn't think that would be a problem at first because I didn't see the fire in the card until I wrote this description!)

Elysianfaery

Step Two: Cosmic Tarot, 4 of Pentacles

I am an older man sitting in a soft, luxurious chair in my office. I am very physically comfortable. I am surrounded by beautiful things. I like to be well-dressed and put together. I am a strong man and have a lot of pull in my society.

A woman is seated across from me in my office. She and I aren't making eye contact.

The prominent color in this card is green. There are a lot of "things" in the office: expensive books, Asian vase, potted Cana lily, the pentacles seemingly framed as a diploma, an Art Deco light, and a green phone (that seems to blend in with everything around it - maybe a statement about communication).

Outside the window is a tan brick 3-story house in the countryside. There is also a black car that looks like an old Cadillac; it sorta makes me think of a hearse. There is also a large tree and a white bird flying above.

I'm thinking the 3-story building you see through the window is a wing of the house that this office is in.

dadsnook2000

It's great . . .

It's great that so many continue to travel along this learning path. As you have seen from prior posts on each of the steps, those of us that have already passed this way continue to monitor the progress of all, as well as to be available to offer help and encouragement. Although I am happy that so many continue to join, I'm most happy for each of you and what I know you'll gain from this exercise. Dave

Princess Judy

21 Ways - Step Two: Ten of Coins (Golden Tarot)

1) The colors of the picture are white, red, blue, goldish/yellow and green.
The sky is a deep royal blue, there's a bird flying across it. To the right, there seems to be something that looks either like dark clouds, or the tops of trees.
Two connected white castle walls run from the left to the right of the picture. There are different kinds of plants with pink flowers growing in front of it, and one small plant with blue purplish flowers.
A bordeaux shield hangs on the wall, it has a golden castle on it.
There are three birds sitting on the wall, one is singing, one smelling or eating nectar or whatever it's doing from the flowers, one small one just sitting.
In front of the castle walls, is a courtyard or castle garden covered with grass, plants and flower, and some stones in front.
There are four women in the garden and one child. One woman with short hair picks red berries growing from a tree (also 10 golden coins are growing in it and there's a bird and squirrel in it) and she has a basket at het feet, one woman with a crown reads a book, there's a lamb lying at her feed.
Another woman uses a large spoon to get water from a basin with two birds in front, and another woman plays a snare instrument holds a snare instrument, on which a child plays. There's a white dog lying besides her.

2) From the perspective of the royal figure: I'm sitting and reading a book. Behind me are the castle walls, to the right there's a woman picking berries from a tree, in front of me a woman scoops water from a basin, another one plays an instrument with a child, a white dog lies besides her, a little lamb lies at my feet.

Madame Squee

21 Ways - Step Two

Buckland Romani Tarot - 9 of Koshes (Staves)

I am outdoors, kneeling on a striped rug, which has been spread on the grass at the rear of a vardo (wagon). I am holding a long straight sapling in my left hand and using a knife in my right hand to peel the bark from it. It's a bright, fall day -- the grass is turning yellow. I'm wearing a broad-brimmed hat to shade my eyes while I work. I'm dressed in a long-sleeved white shirt, blue neckerchief, red vest, brown trousers and brown shoes. My teacup and saucer are sitting in the grass off to my right and behind me, as well as three completed buggy whips, which are leaning against one of the wagon wheels. A sapling is lying across the rug in front of me, and four more saplings and a spool of leather thong are lying in the grass to the left of my rug. I am focused on what I am doing with the knife.

Okay, my five minutes are up!