Tarot of the Cat People - Four of Pentacles

Judith D

From the LWB:
'A woman clutches her pentales to her body, partly in an obsessive love of them, despite their cold unresponsiveness, adn partly for fear that someone, or something, will snatch them away. Each of her pentacles has a jewel at it scentre, symbolic of excessive material wealth. Like a true miser, the woman loves wealth for its own sake but has no intentions of spending any of it, even on herself. She wears a loose, tatty drape, her hair is messy adn she wears noen of the jewellery so beloved by the people of the Outer Regions She has no desire for any creature comforts either for herself or for others. Her heart is empty of all feeling toward any unfortunate person or animal. She has no intention of sharing a few scraps of food - or even a little affection - with the stray cat that crouches warily but hopefully in the foreground.'
Meanings: Love of material wealth; hoarder; usurer; skinflint; miser. Ungenerous person. Inability to share.

Her hard, suspicious face cries out 'Mine, mine'. Her surroundings are harsh, uncomfortable. In total contrast to all the others we have seen she wears no jewellery - I wonder if she sold it all to get her precious pentacles. This card shows clearly the power of possession - whether money or article - and how the love of that possession can take away all generous or loving impulse. The cat stares on, hopefully. It's coat looks scratchy and harsh, it's head is down. It will get nothing from her.

annik

She also look isolated and there is only the cat that seems to know about her. She doesn't look at her best and she doesn't seems to care about it any longer. The cat look like he is waiting to pounce. And the cat and the woman keep their distance. The woman created this situation and she doesn't see every aspect this situation had brought her.