Crystals & Herbs to assist in Study

Somnilocus

Hello, :)

I would like to make some small pouches with herbs and crystals to assist my sister and I with school. However, I'm more familiar with the medicinal properites of herbs and crystals--not so much with their magickal uses. I'd like for the pouches to focus on concentration, study, memory, etc. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

BodhiSeed

Hi Somnilocus,
I've always used yellow or gold stones for my daughter's medicine pouches, such as amber, tiger's eye, pyrite and yellow citrine. Reminded me of the lightbulb clicking on! :lightbulb: :D

Bodhran

FantasyWorld

Fluorite

Somnilocus

Got the fluorite. :)

Bodhran, what is gold/yellow for? :)

BodhiSeed

Yellow and gold stones are usually associated with the solar plexus chakra, which for me personally, represents empowerment and self-confidence. Many people who are trying to learn can grasp the knowledge, but then falter at test time because of a fear that comes from a lack of confidence.

Here are some ideas from the "Crystal Bible" by Judy Hall:
Golden Calcite - mental alertness
Gold Tiger's Eye - taking tests, paying attention
Yellow Citrine - positive attitude, self-esteem
Amber - stimulates the intellect
Yellow Jasper - supports during times of stress, stimulates solar plexus chakra

Hope this is helpful :)
Bodhran

crystalwoman

When I'm recommending stones for students for concentration, study, memory I always recommend graphite, slate, green aventurine, yellow tiger-eye, sodalite, variegated jaspers, rainbow fluorites, hematite - and if it's possible to obtain, Iolite with sunstone included.

Somnilocus

Graphite? So, as an artist, I can just carry all my pencils around? =P

Bodhran, thanks for list!