Haindl - Aeon

caridwen

I'm not sure where to post this as there doesn't seem to be a Haindl study group.

I would really like someone's thoughts on this card as it has been coming up for me a lot recently and I don't know how to read it as I only have the LWB not the book that goes with the deck by Pollack.

Obviously it refers to rebirth as there is a child quite obviously about to be born. There are two canyons, one of fire and one of water relating it to Alchemy and from there I'm at a loss. Obviously as well there is Pertho which relates to birth and secrets.

Can anyone help?

The card is here

mgrace

Here is an excerpt out of Rachel's book. I'm actually just beginning to feel at home w/ the Haindl--and working with the minors right now; so I don't have a personal synopsis of interpretation for you. And the text from the book is quite long; so I've tried to pick out enough to bring the sense of the card.

Relates to Rune "Secret"
Element: Fire

"One of the more altered cards, in feeling as well as detail, HH's Aeon returns us to the crisis facing the world as we enter a new millennium. Although the picture appears dire, it is in fact suffused with hope.

"Divinatory Meanings: The H version of Aeon (Judgement) emphasizes the theme of renewal for the whole planet. When we think of the card in readings we see that this can apply to an individual as well. The card of Aeon is a powerful one. It tells you that this is a time of change. The person who receives Aeon becomes "reborn" into a new situation. This may involve a real change in circumstances--a new job, a move to a new home, a new relationship. Sometimes, the new situation is psychological, a new ay of looking at life in which everything becomes fresh.

"…the rebirth may require a painful period in which the old life, or the old attitudes, become worn out….

"Nor does the change come very slowly. An essential quality of Aeon is quickness. The person may have been going through a long psychological process, but it is under the surface. Suddenly everything will crystallize and the person will see the world in a new way. All things will become possible….

"Reversed: When the card is reversed, the essential experience of Aeon does not change. It still means a rebirth. What changes is the person's reaction. He or she does not want to recognize that the old life has ended. We found something similar with Death…. In Aeon, however, the change has already occurred; the person only resists knowing it...."

Hope that helps!

caridwen

I obviously need to get a thesaurus:p

That helps amazingly thanks so much. I think I should get the book as it would be a great help I see.

The card makes a lot of sense to me on quite a few levels now.:)

edited to say: I just bought both books from Amazon:D

mgrace

caridwen said:
I just bought both books from Amazon:D
Oh good! They bring so much sense to the whole thing. (And I found the LWB "off kiltering" -- when I first used it, and when I looked back at it.)

caridwen

To further understanding of this card. It is a very powerful influence and I may be being born into a new life. The card shows a baby about to fall and, this new life hasn't happened yet as I'm on its cusp. To clarify, I had the result of a court case today and a long conversation with someone about moving to a new town. This means that I'm ripping up the roots I have here and moving on to a new life and new home. It won't be quick but will be in the next couple of months. Like the card depicts, this process has been long, testing and arduous as I suppose birth is for the child - it has been traumatic but it's time to move on and rebuild.

thanks again for your help:)