Tarot of the Cat People - Seven of Swords

Judith D

From the LWB: A stately, confident person stands atop a hill overlooking the landscape. Her hand is raised in a gesture saluting the Essences of rock and sky. A cat-Essence, fat with success and confidence, floats above her hand as a symbol of her hopes, wishes and dreams. Her swords, thrust firmly into the ground, symbolise wishes fulfilled through perseverance.

Meanings: new pans, wishes, fortitude, perseverance, endeavour, hope, confidence, fantasy, design.

Now I look at this and it means so little at first. I see she has conjured up a cat, as it is inside its energy space - unreal - but it looks frightened, not fat and confident to me. She has planted the swords around herself, closely, either as protection or because she wants to keep them to herself (this for me is more in line with the traditional 'sneaky' meaning of the tradtional card), but apart from the fact that she has in fact succeeded in collecting all those swords for herself, the book meanings have little meaning for me.

I find this a very difficult card to interpret, and also very little comes to me intuitively. I will read the opinions of you all with great interest to see if anything sparks for me.

annik

The cat seems happy and surprised. He have a halo around him. He makes me think of my present cat and to be full of life, ready to run everywhere and play. He look as ready to say: "yippee! Let's have fun!"
Maybe the person is trying to protect herself from any overflow of energy or being tricked by the cat.