Which Stones/Crystals do plants like?

Alectra

I was curious and I think there is a thread about this somewhere but I can not find it at the moment. I was wondering what stones/crystals are good for plants? If anyone does do this I would love to hear some info on the subject. I have a few baby bonsai's that I am trying to grow. :)

A~

Sophie

Clear quartz (good all-rounder)
Moss agate, forest agate, and generally all green stones. They like brown stones too, but green stones best.
If they have been stressed, try them with amethyst or a blue stone, because of the calming effect.

Moss agate is good for you too, as a gardener.

crystalwoman

I second the moss agate for your bonsais.

Here's a few others!

GARDENERS STONES FOR HERBS AND OTHER PLANTS

Something I like to do at this time of year is start hanging specific stones in amongst some of my herbs and shrubs to enhance the properties of the plants. I glue a little bell-cap onto each tumbled stone and attach it loosely to the plant with a thread or twist-tie. I prefer to hang them instead of setting them on the soil because they can get lost in the soil if they're small, it keeps them cleaner when hanging, and they look so scintillating in the light when they swing with the breezes. Here are some of my favorite plants, and the stones I put with them.

ROSES love ...what else...ROSE QUARTZ of course, they just automatically go hand in hand. The rose quartz helps the blooms to maintain their petals longer, and helps prevent the edges from turning brown as they finally fade. I like to collect the petals then and preserve them for future use. Rose quartz can also help keep your own skin feeling soft and velvety like a rose petal.

MOSS AGATE is the ultimate gardeners stone for any plant. It will enhance your own green thumb and helps you to find hidden treasures in the earth. All plants will respond to moss agate with a spurt of growth and an abundance of new leaves. It's a stone of prosperity in all ways. Green moss agate is best for plants, red moss agate tends to increase financial prosperity for the owner.

All of the plants that have a lemon or citrusy scent/taste will benefit well with CITRINE, PERIDOT, FLOURITE. These stones generate a robust, sunny energy that boosts the citrus aroma and taste.

GINGKO BILOBA promotes good memory and provides for more oxygen to the brain, and these properties can be enhanced with LAPIS LAZULI, IOLITE, BLUE TIGER EYE.

PEPPERS, TOMATOES, POPPIES, NASTURTIUM, MONARDA and all members of the MINT family benefit from the rich, fiery strength of CARNELIAN and PYRITE.

GARLIC and all other ALIUMS, QUINCE, PEPPERCRESS, LILLIES, GLADIOLAS, PANSIES and BLACK VIOLETS, GRAPES do well with TIGER IRON. Tiger Iron is a combination stone that can contain stripes of any color of JASPER, any color of TIGER EYE, black and red HEMATITE, PYRITE all layered against each other. Their energies are flamboyant and very enduring, and when they all come together in one stone you have a powerhouse.

LAVENDAR, BASIL, SAGE, BLUEBERRIES, PLUMS do nicely with LEPIDOLITE, FLOURITE, AMETHYST.

APPLES, STRAWBERRIES, TULIPS, LETTUCES, CELERY all benefit from RHODONITE, AQUAMARINE, any color of APATITE.

CHICKWEED, RASPBERRIES, CHERRIES, BLACKBERRIES, HONEYSUCKLE respond to BLOODSTONE.

Well, that's just a short list of some of my favorites for outdoors.

Guiding Cauldron

wow like minds :)

hey i was just thinking of this as well lately. I have an orchid plant that hasnt bloomed in awhile despite being fertilized so i just automatically placed a quartz crystal in with it that i recieved as a gift and it has been doing much better.

thanks for all the plant/gemstone combinations crystal woman that was perfect for my BOS. :)

blesings xx

dandelion

This may sound rather non-specific, but I always just ask my plants. I have many bowls of rocks, crystals, shells, and other bits and pieces from my travels. Usually when I pot a plant, or if a plant is having a rough spell, I just listen to the plant, and then take a quick "feel" through my bowls and find whatever it is that seems best suited to the plant.

It may be that after a while, the plant needs something else, so I may swap out the stone/crystal/shell/etc. for another. Othertimes, I've had plants hold on to the same rock for years, to the point where I find them utterly inseparable!

Alectra

Wow Crystalwoman I think I should be taking notes on this. I am just curious have you experimented with all these different stones and found which ones work the best? It is almost like the plants have chakras as well and can be in sync with certain stones that give them the correct vibration. Its interesting.

I just picked a few stones out of the collection and put them with the trees. I dont know if it is doing anything but they look awesome.

I am going to search for some Moss agate, I dont have any but maybe there will be some at the Metaphysical fair this weekend :)

Thanks for everyones respones.

A~

Guiding Cauldron

what i love about this ...

whats so great about this thread is that it reminds me of Atlantian lore/history because i believe it exsisted and the relic exsists. Anyway in their culture they used to do just this although the crystals much larger and purer at their time. But they never went hungry as the crystal therapy helped produced bumper veggies and fruits! blessed be x

Alectra

sunshinel said:
whats so great about this thread is that it reminds me of Atlantian lore/history because i believe it exsisted and the relic exsists. Anyway in their culture they used to do just this although the crystals much larger and purer at their time. But they never went hungry as the crystal therapy helped produced bumper veggies and fruits! blessed be x

Well, I think most of the knowledge that we have of crystals is from the Atlantian times. I know that the founder of the crystal academy, Katrina Raphaell channeled her information from a past life that she had in Atlantis. I dont know all the details but that is the gist of what I have heard. I guess the biggest mystery is if there were all these technologies why did they really die off? The Misuse of the crystals powers would be the only logical explanation.
And SunshineLuvr I believe it existed as well. Too many things point in that direction. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I am going to go with my gut on this : )
A~

crystalwoman

Electra, you asked if I experimented with the stones and the plants. The answer is yes, and no. I've been putting stones with my plants for many years now - some of it was experimental, some of it was from channeling the stones and some of it was from observing how the plants responded to various stones.

For example, I noted that all plants will indeed respond to moss agate, and another stone that all plants like is mica. I have a lot of orchids and whenever one of them seems to be ailing a piece of green or blue fluorite will perk it right up again. Green fluorite is also good to place with a plant that has received an injury, such as a torn leaf, or broken stem, or when it's been chewed on by an insect.

You may have noticed that in the list I submitted above, some of those plants will have flowers or fruits of a certain color and the stones that went well with them also were of the same color. That ties in with your comment about plants having chakras that correspond to stones of the same color - i.e. the citrus scented/flavored plants with peridot and citrine (and green fluorite). It's true that plants have chakras, albeit somewhat different from the chakras on other living things.

It's not only crystals that plants respond to. I also use lots of rough quartz river pebbles with my more tender plants to keep farmer ants and their herds of nectar-aphids away - ants aren't too keen about quartz because they don't like the piezoelectric properties of quartz when it gets heated by the sun. I use rough slates of many colors, and flint, granite, pyrite, marble and sandstones with my bonsaied evergreens. My little oak trees all have river tumbled black basalt in with them, and my norfolk pines have river tumbled serpentine.

All of my plants are in large containers and they're all kept pruned short and bushy, or bonsaied.

crystalwoman

Here is some additional information about gardening with plants.

GARDENING OR OTHER OUTDOORS STUFF WITH STONES AND CRYSTALS

First here is a brief list of some of the stones that are sun sensitive and may change color or be effected by the heat or light of the sun. This doesn't mean you shouldn't use them, only that you may want to keep an eye on them for what appears to be progressive damage. Many stones are expensive because of their exquisite beauty, their delicacy, and their rarity, so you'll have to use your own judgement about what kind of stones you are willing to risk losing.
I'm sorry this won't be alphabetical as I'm just spinning this off the top of my memory banks right now.

These can (but might not) lose or change color: Alexandrite, ametrine, amethyst, gem spudomene, dioptase, kunzite, hiddenite, lepidolite, smokey quartz, topaz, blue calcite, citrine, chrysoprase, opal, rose quartz, tangerine quartz, golden healer quartz, malachite, azurite, rutilated quartzes, tourmalines, flourite, peridot, turquoise, vivianite, proustite, silver colored metals, mercury based minerals, arsenic based minerals.

Pearls and mother of pearl shells will deteriorate rapidly and crumble from either water or sun. Same goes for stilbite, apophyllite, corals, opals, and any crystal with tiny, fragile needle-like points or rays.

Some of these, like the mercury or arsenic based minerals, you wouldn't want to put in an outdoor garden anyway. The stones that I'll be recommending are the ones that I feel would not be toxic to the garden environment. If you find a crystal that you are unsure of how soft it is, or if it may contain considerable toxins, I would suggest a book such as "The Audubon Field Guide of Minerals" plus there are other valuable geological/mineralogical information resources at libraries, rock shops, book stores, lapidary clubs, the internet. All you need to know is the name of it or show it to a pro who can tell you how to identify it.

You may spot some repetitions here, as some of these are included in the above list and can change color, but here is my list of stones that I feel would be safe and good to use in your garden. And keep in mind that many of these can be found growing from other common rocks that are scattered about the land, roadsides, creekbeds, rivers, beaches, etc.

Agates (all agates), amethyst, ametrine, amazonite, ammonite, aquamarine, aventurine, apache tears, apatite, bloodstone, blue lace agate, calcites (all colors), carnelian, citrine, pure copper, diamond, emerald, fire agate, flint, flourite, garnet, gold, golden healer quartz, granite, graphite, hematite, herkimer diamond, iron, jade or jadeite, all jaspers, lapis lazuli, malachite, moonstone, moss agate, peridot, petrified wood, pyrite, rose quartz, ruby, sapphire, silver, smokey quartz, sodalite, spirit quartzes, tangerine quartz, tiger eye (all colors), tiger iron, topaz, zircon.

Also look for bigger rocks from outdoors that are unique in appearance, color or pattern. Big stones that are rounded rather than sharp or straight edged promote better movement of Chi through the garden, and they are also more comfortable to sit on. Flat pieces of slate are marvelous for stepping stones and they glisten all colors when wet. When stood on edge they make lovely dividers between sections. Many rocks are encrusted with glittering bits of quartz, pyrite, mica and are very reflective of rainbow light.