how fickle is the knight of cups really?

Sophie

I think "Knight" and "Cups" are almost made to be together - because knights must always be in movement, and water that doesn't move stagnates (it is similar, with different qualities, for the Knight of Swords, and of Wands). As a relationship, its quality is going to be changeable, varied, calm and pleasant one moment, and agitated the next. It might feel sometimes like it's disappearing (going underground, like water does), but then suddenly it springs up to life. Like hope, it will spring eternal. Such a relationship never dies. It can't - water is the origin of life. But you can't contain it, either, and you have to "go with the flow" with it!

On the whole, however, it is very pleasant, refreshing and joyous, and it is a relationship that has substance (like water), even if it is shifting.

funkyfairy

For me the Knight of Cups is dreamy and idealistic. He has the most fabulous intentions even better ideas, however hes not grounded enough for the realisation. Hes searching for his one true love which in itself creates the problem with him. Hes so darn idealistic that hes always searching. Nothing quite fits - hes looking for that awe inspiring relationship, the perfection, the intensity of feeling. Can he find it? maybe thats should be another thread! Can the knight of Cups find true love? lol

Sophie

The Knight of Cups IS True Love - he embodies True Love.

And that's why we have such differing reactions to him - we all see true love differently ;)

What has fascinated me about this thread - and the other on the Knight of Cups - is how this Knight, more than any other court card in the Thoth - seems to act as a mirror upon which we project our ideas, idealism, cynicism, experiences and beliefs around love and relating in general.

BrightEye

Fudugazi said:
I think "Knight" and "Cups" are almost made to be together - because knights must always be in movement, and water that doesn't move stagnates (it is similar, with different qualities, for the Knight of Swords, and of Wands). As a relationship, its quality is going to be changeable, varied, calm and pleasant one moment, and agitated the next. It might feel sometimes like it's disappearing (going underground, like water does), but then suddenly it springs up to life. Like hope, it will spring eternal. Such a relationship never dies. It can't - water is the origin of life. But you can't contain it, either, and you have to "go with the flow" with it!

On the whole, however, it is very pleasant, refreshing and joyous, and it is a relationship that has substance (like water), even if it is shifting.
i can really identify with what you're saying here, Fudugazi. true love? i don't know if that exists. true love for me might not be true love for the other.

Kenny

Bright Eye that is what Fudugazi is trying to say.

Lillie

Bright eye, it's interesting how you see the card.
And interesting, like Fudugazi says, how we all see him so differently.

I expect that a lot of the 'bad press' in the other thread is from me.
And it's made me wonder why I see this bloke so cynically.

If Fudugazi is right then I'm projecting something onto this card to make me see him like that.
But I'm not sure what that would be.

I'll have to give it some thought.

But I see all the courts as intrinsically bad.
I identify them through their flaws.

So what does that say about me???!!

I'm not like that with real people!
At least I hope I'm not.

ravenest

Lillie said:
I expect that a lot of the 'bad press' in the other thread is from me.
And it's made me wonder why I see this bloke so cynically.

If Fudugazi is right then I'm projecting something onto this card to make me see him like that.
But I'm not sure what that would be.

But I see all the courts as intrinsically bad.
I identify them through their flaws.

So what does that say about me???!!

It says that you are negative and bitter, either just that way naturally or perhaps ' 3 times bitten 6 times 'shy' ' ?

That's okay , I don't trust an awefull lot of people either. Venting on the courts is impersonal though ... your interpretations often seem to look at the negative aspects of the courts ... good - I'm getting a bit sick of this "Everyone is beautiful - in their own way ..." (remember that song ... man?) and often you throw another side or a bit realism in (or its just that I'm a cranky old podger too!)
Lillie said:
I'm not like that with real people!
At least I hope I'm not.
Not in my expereince ... sweet as pie!

... However, I wouldnt want to be nasty to you ... then the other side would emerge.

suedeheadsmiths

Thanks Bright Eyes I can't wait to check it out.

Chris