Moon Void-of-Course Dates for 2003?

sapienza

Hi, I have a query I was wondering if anyone could help me with. I am trying to find out the dates that the Moon is void-of-course for 2003, specifically in July.

I'm not sure how you find this out. I found a list on the net for dates for 2002 but can't find anything for 2003.

Many thanks
angela

AquarianGoddess

Hi Angela,

Geez, I have no idea where on the Net you would find that info for 2003. Lewellyn puts out an astrological calendar each year (it costs about $12.00 US) and I believe it contains the "void" times. If you're in the US, you can call them at 1-800-theMoon. I forget their website address but if someone else knows, they'll post it.

AG

Strega

Hi Angela,

I get my Moon VOC info from Llewellyn's astrological calendar. And I don't have 2003 yet.

Also see this thread. :)

AquarianGoddess

Angela,

If you have one or two specific dates in mind for July, I can figure out the void times.

AG

AquarianGoddess

Oh, and by the way, for those who are not familiar with a "void" Moon, it occurs after the last major aspect made by the Moon, meaning the Moon is just hanging out there until it enters the next sign. It can be void for anywhere from a few minutes to more than 18 hours depending on the other planet placements.

AG

Minderwiz

I do have Astrology software that will detect the VOC Moon but it seems to work on a case by case basis, rather than printing out a list of dates and times. However the American Ephemeris of the Twenty First Century does publish the dates, times and last aspects of the Moon.

As the Moon passes through a sign in a little over two days the Moon will be VOC roughly every other day. If you have any particular dates in July 2003 in mind I'll extract the material from the ephemeris.

Regards

Minderwiz

sapienza

too hard for me....

Thanks for offering your assistance with this. The reason I'm keen to find out voc info is that I'm attempting to plan a wedding date. I think I'm losing my mind because every option I come up with has some problem. Anyway, I did hear that it's not wise to get married when the moon is void-of-course (among about 100 other criteria).

I am looking for a Saturday next year (preferably around lunch time) either in February or March OR from mid-May onwards. And, to add to the fun, we wanted to get married sooner in the year, rather than later but my mother is getting married in April and we didn't really want to push in front of her unless there is not other suitable options.

The only date I've come up with that seems remotely ok astrologically is 5 July. Should be fun considering over here in OZ it's the middle of winter.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. This exercise has REALLY helped me to realise my limitations when it comes to how much I know about astrology. I guess I'm just not sure which factors are more important. 5 July 'feels' ok to me, but it certainly isn't without problems, and maybe there are even more problems that I can't see.

Regards
angela

amyel

Angela, I've been to Brisbane in winter. Trust me...this is not cold...LOL (said in laughter, as I am in Canada!)

On a more serious note, is there a particular reason you are sorting through astrologiocally specifc dates? I choose mine based on numerology. Perhaps choosing another way to select a date would open up some more possibilities for you.

sapienza

amyel,

I see why you are laughing about Brisbane in winter. I have been to Canada in Spring and nearly froze to death. A winter wedding here would be fine, but it's all relative, and people seem to 'feel the cold' here in winter even though it's not actually that cold.

I think the reason I'm looking at the dates from an astrological point of view is because I feel that astrology is an important consideration. I guess if I can't come up with anything that is satisfactory I'll look at other options. We have already been together 4 years so I'm not sure how important the date of our wedding is really. I always thought it would be cool to get married on a full moon, but astrologically I've heard that is isn't a good idea???

Who knows? I think I'll give up!

angela

amyel

angela said:
I always thought it would be cool to get married on a full moon, but astrologically I've heard that is isn't a good idea???

angela
Well, this last weekend, the full moon, I went to two weddings. The one on Saturday went fine. The one on Sunday had so many crappy things happen to the couple that I had serious doubts.

Both weddings I stood outside under the moon and asked the Goddess to bless them and protect them in the start of their new lives. It seemed appropriate, especially since I thought I understood that Full moons were good for the start of new things, but not being Wiccan and not one to pay much attention to details of this nature, I could be wrong. Whatever - it felt right, so I did it! I confess I asked especially passionately for the Sunday couple...they seemed to need it more!