the Knight of Pentacles in love

Sophie

I don't get this dude. OK, so he's a great accountant - but what about in a relationship question, as advice?

Bore the pants off your partner?
Be patient and dutiful?
Be receptive and don't jolt them?

But he's a knight, he's on a horse (or in the Fey deck I am looking at, on a bunny). He's travelling. Where does that come in?

Move slowly and deliberately? Be prepared for the journey to take a while? Don't rush them off their feet? Be practical in your approach? Take a picnic hamper?

Given how different his temperament is from mine - he seems to me to be a rather dull dog - I would be grateful for some discussion of him and of the qualities he embodies.

MysticalMoose

Have to confess I find him rather boring too....he's very solid & dependable & trustworthy/respectable..he works patiently & within his limits...now :D that shouldnt sound a bad thing really should it :D (I prefer the headstrong, impetuous Knights of Wands & Swords)....Our Knight of Pents can be a skilled crafts/tradesperson...he reminds me of my ex-husband :laugh:....very dependable & practical but GRRRRRRR NO OOMPH!!!!!! :laugh: Also I felt once when he came up that someone was going on a long journey but over land....a kind of expedition ~ It was right, they were......PLODDING over the Himalayas! ~ as advice I would tell someone to try to use his qualities in their daily life. I have also found him to signify a health fanatic!!!! :D I'll be interested to see how others view him!!!!
:love:

huredriel

Fudugazi said:
I(or in the Fey deck I am looking at, on a bunny).
Well I know what automatically comes to mind when you say this bit!

MysticalMoose

huredriel said:

And here am I saying he has no OOMPH!!!!! :bugeyed:

huredriel

Staying power & stamina perhaps?

Sophie

huredriel said:
oh baaaaaad girl Huredriel! (giggle).

Staying power and stamina sounds good.

Actually, I like that image of plodding across the Himalayas. I plod up mountains, have been doing it all my life. My father taught me. You have to pace yourself, breathe properly, not talk too much so as not use up your breath (especially in high altitudes), drink often, not be discouraged by the seemingly meandering path, which sometimes looks like it is taking you away from your destination, travel light but practical, eat plenty of slow sugars, wear sturdy boots, carry a good topographical map and study the lay of the land, have a change of socks or two and waterproofs, in case of storms. You need to check the weather before you leave and on the way, if a storm hits you - shelter, until it passes: then keep going (without forgetting your bunny needs fun from time to time }))

As relationship advice it ain't quite Lancelot on his white charger, but it makes sense.

elvenstar

Fudugazi said:
I would be grateful for some discussion of him and of the qualities he embodies.
ok, first off, to me at least pentacles are about the body among other things, sooo together with the bunny.... :D

On a slightly more serious note, this guy is really sensitive, I mean not wishy washy emotional like the knight of cups (ok don't shout KoC fans!) but is the type of guy that will really pay attention to the other person, that will really feel and care for them in a very concrete way and will show it with his actions. He's the least egotistical of the knights. Especially the Fey Knight, he's well, a sweetheart! :love: And as a knight, he's about action.

So as advice, I'd see him as suggesting to think of the other person more, come up with practical ways to have fun together, give them a gift they'll enjoy, even like you say go for a picnic, find some bunnies... :p Also, to me he says to nourish the relationship in general, what that means in practice varies. Yes, he can be dull and all of these things, but he doesn't have to. There's all sorts of fun and loving things associated with him too, if he's given half a chance!

Sophie

Thanks, elvenstar. What a refreshing take! I'm a fan of the KoW - and a bit like him myself sometimes - but the way you put it, I can also see the virtues of the Knight of Pentacles - especially the way you describe his lack of ego, and how he really cares for the other, concretely, and not just in a romantic way. That is - he gives what the other actually needs, not what he thinks they need or what he wants to give them.

I like the Fey Knight of Pentacles too. He looks quite vulnerable, really - he's left the castle behind, alone in the world with his bunny, his sword at his back, no shield that I can see. He looks like he's well-set for a trip, though he travels light. So there is an element of vulnerability.

caridwen

As advice you could be reflecting his qualities in a negative manner. For example, have you dug your heels in and refused to budge an inch. Are you obsessively focused on something even though everyone else is telling you it won't work. Are you totally goal orientated at the expense of everything and everybody else in your life...some points to consider.

He also has a tendency to OCD as well because he can be very painstaking, a perfectionist to the point of compulsion. So it maybe throwing a question back at you; are you a slave to your compulsions, stubbornness, obsessions?

In the Druidcraft and I have noticed with the Thoth as well, he is hiding behind his shield. Are you showing only part of your face or personality, are you hiding something or a part of yourself? It also relates to shyness and lack of movement. In the RWS I always feel as though what you see is what you get, this Knight has no surprises hidden up his sleeve. The Thoth Knight brings to mind someone watching carefully from a distance, biding their time and totally aware of their goal which lies a long way ahead up that hill. They are protected, possibly by their self absorption, the task at hand makes them thick skinned.

With the Druidcraft, the foot of the Knight is where the penis should be of the horse and it's flaccid. Draw what conclusions you will but he ain't no Knight of Wands! He is not inspirational but will buckle down and plough ahead regardless. (hence the horse in RWS, slow, plodding but utterly suitable for its task).

franniee

Hey you guys! he is a virgo - like me! ;)

He is humble and patient (ok not like me but I digress) }) he has strong emotions, he is gentle (hence the bunny), also like St Francis was with the animals - they love him because he is kind and good natured.

He is real.

So in the case of a relationship reading - yes he is young but he is solid like the pents. When the seeds of the relationship are planted if nourished they will grow. He reminds you of the importance of earthly values & the need for nurturing.

:love: