Ideas on the 5 and 8 of cups

suedeheadsmiths

Hi everyone. I had a few things that I wanted to express about these two cups and see what everyone else thought. I kind of think that the 5 of cups is better right side up than reversed because it seems to me that right side up he/she has two cups left even though the other three have been spilt. The person focuses on the three that our spilled but doesn't see the two still left. If you flip the card over they're all spilled, maybe though upside down everything is equal and the person starts over and forgets the past. The 8 of cups seems the same way to me. All the cups are upright and than turn it over they're all gone. I like the idea of the person going into the mountains and searching for something higher. It kind of makes me think of Moses going into the mountains and talking to God and coming back with the Ten Commandments. Yes I'm Protestant, so I hope I don't offend anyone that's not Christian :)

Thanks, Chris

mystic mal

5 and 8 of cups

Hi. I use the Mythic Tarot and the 5 of cups where 4 cups are upset and one remains standing means that through upsets in a relationship,all is not lost because there is one cup left which leaves regrets over past actions, things said and done on both sides but with the 8 of cups with it,it means giving up on it ever being reconciled or sorted out,having tried your best there seems to be no solution so you let go of any hope.