Manga Tarot: The Hermit

tarotreader2007

Hey everyone. One again, I lack being able to constantly turn out new cards for study and it ends up being a weekly thing. Oh well. So, this week (I guess) we'll take a look at the Hermit card.

Color is Blue

Season is Fall

The season-color corolation is the same as the Priestess card as previously covered here.

The card shows what I would call a grannie garbed in a three different colored cloths. Dark blue piece on the bottom of her *dress*, white in the middle and a light gray/blue on top. Her eyes almost seem completely empty and just filled with white. She stands in a cave it seems with angular stripes of translucent white light that covers much of the card. It looks like toward the back of the cave she's in is an opening to the night sky. Along with this card, she wears sandals.

I would say that this is someone truly introspective and someone who cares more for inner development than worldly enhancement. Any other ideas???

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

Alan Ross

I would say the old woman is blind, but doesn't need eyes. She has sequestered herself in a cave to remove herself from worldly distractions. In the same way that beams of illumination enter the cave from many different openings, the old woman understands that there are many ways of "seeing" that don't depend on the eyes.

annik

I like the rays of light that criss-cross. It makes me feel to stop, look around me and contemplate. It makes me think of a place I know where I always got the impression it was a magical place. It is in a woody area. For the person on the card, it is in a cave.

cosmic_bubble

Alan Ross said:
I would say the old woman is blind, but doesn't need eyes.

i think you've picked up on exactly what i was thinking (but unable to put into words)....