Hanged Man-as finances?

Al Si'ra

This card has popped up for three times when i asked if the money i would get for my intern/job would be satisfying..of course along with the cards..
But since this one has taken my attention a lot..i thought this has a significant importance to the whole reading..

I know many meanings of the Hanged Man..but i don't do much "money" readings so i have no idea how i can relate such a card featuring mostly psyche to a whole material issue..

I thought maybe i will have to wait for some annoying time before i get paid..but that does not make any sense because fees are paid monthly..

So how do you apply Hanged Man to a material issue ?

:love:
xx

Sophie

In some of the older decks, the Hanged Man is seen losing coins from his pockets. Not a good sign in a finance spread!

In general I would say - it signals delays, hassles or losses in financial matters. Maybe you will be hamstrung by bureaucracy or the system dealing with the payments will be down for a few days. You could find yourself out of pocket - so plan ahead!

From a more positive perspective, it could also mean that your needs are not so great, you suspend some of your desires, and you start seeing money matters in a new light.

Apocalipstick

Well, as far as the intern job finances go, the Hanged Man may be telling you not to have high hopes of a large income. Shoestring budgeting and low wages are far likelier, I'd say.

Hanged Man in regards to material needs in general, as well, doesn't seem to be the card to indicate prosperity.

More like, few funds or possessions, expenses stretching the budget thin, having to give up luxury spending, subsistence wages. Also, in the case that money or resouces are expected, the Hanged Man would indicate that these will be delayed, as Fudugazi said, or that they may have to be given up altogether.

lark

There is a trade off here..you sacrifice one for another...good pay, not so great job..great job, not so good money..but with the Hangman you don't mind and either is done willingly.

WalesWoman

My eyes played tricks on me, at first I read this as Hanged Man as Fiances? ...pronounced the way Holly Hunter in Raising Arizona did...
FI- Ants. And was thinking of a long drawn out engagement and getting hung up on stuff... spending lots of money and stuck in the whole bridezilla scenario.

But it was an eypo... entertaining but not what you were asking about at all.

Hanged Man and finances might be things you have no choice but to pay up... housing, groceries, phone bills, electric, heat, INTERNET, of course. Those essentials that can be suspended if payments aren't made. Things that might hang you up, like credit cards. Money going out faster than you can take it in, maybe because you are in a stuck position, or something happened so that you can't do much about it.

Umbrae

We have these ideas about money and finances. Ever notice that they don’t teach finance in school? And if you go to the universities and take finance classes, they still teach Efficient Market Hypothesis by Eugene Fama, even though Eugene Fama says he takes it all back and he was wrong.

They still teach Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and Maynard Keynes…Adam Smith and Karl Marx were writing before electricity changed productivity. Keynes was dead before computers moved into the workplace.

Finances – as taught in the universities is akin to teaching that dinosaurs still rule the earth.

Few teach about Soros, or Ludwig von Mises.

So what do you know about your personal finances? I mean beyond balancing your checkbook.

Do you understand not only your finances, and how they will be and evolve over your lifetime, but how they are tied and interact with the global markets?

Did you know that what you have in your pocket right now is indeed tied to the global marketplace?

And it’s changing. You may want to read The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman, then read some Soros (Alchemy of Finance is a good start).

Working for a living, without figuring out how you’re going to pay for food when you 65+ is blind stupidity. It won’t be easy. It’s not easy now. And anybody who thinks the government can, will, or should take care of them is equally short-sighted.

So…How does the Hanged Man relate to material or financial matters?

Get a new perspective…

:smoker:

Yeah…I know…I’m evil.

Kenny

Umbrae said:
So…How does the Hanged Man relate to material or financial matters?

Get a new perspective…
I was about to say this, but have no need to now...

Al Si'ra

Well it is no big deal to ponder that long and hard about it afterall it is not my full-time job as a lawyer but only an mendatory intern at the law firm..but still i am not "willing" to work HARD and get paid NONE..

But it kinda makes sense now..it is like you have to work 24/7 in those firms and as an intern you don't get paid what you deserve..but the reference you get from those firms are the key to the success..and it is in no way similar to toher internships in other fields because we do the real dirty work and still not get paid enough-all the money goes to transportation and lunch does not make sense at all..not fair at all..i am just trying to eliminate it..

So i might either have to give up the money or the firm..and that is what Hanged Man suggests...and my whole view about this whole thing might change-again a side of the Hanged Man- after i go do the interview with the bosses lol ..They might actually *induce* or seduce me to get into a contract with them and use me as a freakin' translator lol..

thanx for all the input :)

StellarMyst

A thought or two...

Hi Al Si'ra,

The last time I had this card show up, It basically reflected the need to know what to sacrifice and when. -- Yes, I know, everyone has already said this pretty much, but here's my thought:

When you "move up in the world," or even when you're "between opportunities," you do indeed make sacrifices.

Movin' up: You've gotten used to the individuals you have been working with, or maybe a good buddy at work will be "left behind in the ranks." It could be this little of a sacrifice, as usual, accompanied by a little...well...pain. I won't use the over-used term that goes with this. I know you already get it.

Between Opportunities: This one's obvious, but undoubtedly, at some point or other you have had this possibility cross your mind, and dang-near scare the dookie out of you. In which case, you might be more prepared for the loss of work than you are prepared to think. Individuals tend to think ahead and not realize that these seemingly, nuts-to-worry-about-while-things-are-still-in-the-good...issues are not as nuts as they seem... in the long run. When you know you will move to a new place because the lease will be up, what do you do? You prepare for rough financials ahead of time. Sacrifices are made, and a new place is settled into.

Perhaps merely a pay-change for good or bad: Although you're dealing with the Hanged Man here, think of another ...neighbour in the deck to him: the Wheel of Fortune: It's not necessarily you fault. It may not even pertain to you directly although you find yourself affected by the change. If you look at the issue from a (somewhat) worried stand-point, step back, take a deep breath, and use a clarifier. You might let this take the form of prayer, or sleep-on-it so that your subconscious can help with the problem (If this helps with High-school Algebra, It will actually work here :D--I do this often), or even a spread to help understand the position of this card in this reading.

Either way, try looking at it from a different POV: How would your best friend that's been helping you through various issues think of it? I don't mean for you to go off on some tangent like I tend to do. Far from it actually. Just put yourself in another's shoes for just a minute. If you were seeing someone else go through the same issue(s), what advice would you give them?

I hope you're doing well, and that you will get things straight. Don't worry too much. Just give it a little time and patience, and see what turns up. It might not be quite as bad as it seems at the moment. :D

I hope this helps at least a little.

Yours,

StellarMyst

Al Si'ra

Hi StellarMyst

Your post made me think of something..My friend is doing her intern at the top firm here in my country and she is getting quality work and pay..the thing is my cv is a step ahead of her-and that is what they look into when they hire you..
I am thinking..what happens if i apply the same place..i mean i keep thinkng about this ..it is a possibility i might as well be accepted..and if i do..i will feel like i am playing for her position..though literally this is not possible..because we will be in the same rank..but this is career man! i mean they might like me or her better in the long run deciding to take one uf as an employee..so there will be more or less competence..i believe..

The first place i am going to apply to is free of this pain.but i don't know what they are paying..if that does not sound sufficient i will have no opportunity but to apply every known firm including hers..

When you say leaving behind some friends..that is kinda popped up in my head..i had to mention