Best YouTube Tarot Videos

mysticmonkey

http://keepvid.com/ should do the trick. Just paste the video link at the top and select YouTube from the drop down list.
When you get the download link and it asks you where you want to save the file don't forget to add the .flv extension at the end of the file name eg, save as madonna.flv so that it is a usable file.

You'll need an flv player to view the file. I use VLC Media player

Enjoy! :)

abella

Cool, hilarious, and engaging... what more can one ask for? Thanks for sharing... :)

Tabby

Interesting and worth sharing.:)

Susi

a really wonderful tube vid which i enjoyed a lot!!

jmd

With regards to the Madonna video, I suppose if you enjoy that style of music and what is done with the cutting and 'animation' of the Waite-Smith deck (and the manner in which the images are altered towards the end), fine. For myself, not my style of what I enjoy... (my rating: not worth watching);

The 'Bunny Boiler' clip perhaps only reflects my poor sense of humour... but perhaps I am simply not familiar with a style of television humour this reflects (my rating: not worth watching);

The interview with Jodorowski would be nice to have subtitles to... from what I could gather, he was basically questioned on whence stems his interest in tarot, and his views as to how it functions or transforms one (as I do not speak Spanish, I am more trying to get a sense from some words I picked up here and there) (my rating: worth watching if a Spanish speaker... though am willing to stand corrected);

With regards to the two videos 'The Bullsh*t Detective' (parts 2 and 3), it shows that any bullshitartist CAN pretend to read, and that any form of pretend 'accreditation' can only lure the more professional con-artists into the area, giving them undue credence. (my rating: worth watching to show where accredition could lead to)

'The Origin of Tarot Cards' makes a number of factual errors, and also confuses the various likely origins of the word 'tarot' with the cards. It also gives the false impression that 'scholars' have various views as to its likely origin, ranging from across the world. Also, I simply cannot agree with some of the claims it makes for tarot and its 'relation' to sufism or Rosicrucian thought. Basically, an advertisement for the 'Enchanted Tarot'.(my rating: worth watching, presented as far more 'authoritative' voice than warranted)

Aalore

Thanks for sharing!

mythos

Monster Groan to ..... Bunny Boiler and the Bullsh*t Detective. Not into Madonna but the animation had some interesting moments ... just too overdone ... started out well but fell in a heap. I will watch it again without the sound to see whether my dislike of Madonna-music has influenced my judgement.

Spanish ... unfortunately I don't understand it.

I forwent the Monte-Farber ... I have a truly visceral and completely irrational dislike of the man ... and I have never even heard/seen him. The Instant Tarot Reader Kit and the Karma Cards may have something to do with it. He's probably very nice, though inaccurate.

mythos:)

cundi

Thanks for sharing, I love it!

moderndayruth

The 'Bunny Boiler' clip perhaps only reflects my poor sense of humour... but perhaps I am simply not familiar with a style of television humour this reflects (my rating: not worth watching); (originally posted by jmd)
I appreciate that link is shared, though i find it simply disgusting.
Re. Madonna's video... Few thoughts: first, i liked the way cards are animated, i tried to connect the images into the story... they didn't really make sense to me (i mean the sequence).
The Kabbalah Center that Madonna is connected to doesn't support Tarot, i mean they don't ban it, but they don't study it either/or encourage their students to do so;
the Devil's head "attached" to all the figures later on? Can't be really benevolent from Kabbalistic point of wiev ;)
The Fool at the end? I've read on threads here that Kabbalistic approach is actually to start from the World and "travel" all the way to the Fool's faith and innocence... it looks to me more that somebody... eghh, let's use an euphemism, is "poking fun" on Tarot and Tarotist with this video, i wouldn't say "Esther" got suddenly enlightened and decided to promote the wisdom of Tarot...
just my 0,2 usd

Parabola

Regarding the Bullshit Detective: I don't really understand how he can possibly be proving anything about the cards, he never actually read them. All he proved was how easy it was to deceive people (which is not exactly an amazing new find), not how accurate or inaccurate tarot reading is. HE DIDN'T READ THE CARDS!!
How can he come to a conclusion regarding card reading when he's not reading the damn cards?
My own personal bullshit detector says......ummmmm bullshit. :)