Relationship help using Situation snapshot spread

Glass Owl

Hi! Yesterday I came up with a new spread and I thought I should test it out. I used the Vanessa Tarot and asked about my marriage.

The Situation Snapshop Spread (5 cards)

4---5
--1--
2---3

1. Refers to the situation, relationship, or other concerns asked about.
2. Negative influence or blockage.
3. Positive influence or assistance.
4. Guidance--What you can do to improve the situation.
5. Probable outcome based on current circumstances.

The cards I drew:
1. Hanged Man RX
I think that this card reflects our stubborness and the fact that both of us have gotten caught up in only looking at the relationship from our own (limited) point of view.

2. High Priestess
Since this card can refer to secret or hidden knowledge, the HP could be a representation of my partner's addiction, which is the "other woman" in our relationship.

3. Death
I'm struggling with this card. Maybe it's just because I'm so close to the situation. This card could be that we can't make a fresh start until we let our old expectations and past hurts go and welcome change. And our home has undergone a major change recently too - we have put my father-in-law in a nursing home.

4. 6 of Cups
Since this card is about finding happiness in rediscovering one's childhood/youth, I think this could be pointing to the fact that now we have a lot more family time opportunities now that my husband's father is being cared for somewhere else.

5. Queen of Wands
Confused by this one. Our relationship will improve or, at the very least, I'll become a temptress?!? :)

rissa

Okay, I'll give it a shot:

I think that your interpretations of 1 and 2 are similar to mine, though I'd say that the Hanged man represents less a period of stagnation, and more one of limbo. Perhaps a boredom. The good news is, it seems that the relationship is begging for change, in that the time to take action is soon approaching!

As for the Death card? I'd give your interpretation if it were in position 4. But in position 3, I'd say it refers to the fact that the "old" marriage "died" so to speak. You are not the same couple as you were before. You've been through the wringer, and already have let go of your fanciful or overly-romantic views of marriage. That's positive, in this case (the grasping at that illusion can kill a marriage quickly!)

The six of cups suggests to me that it's time to get nostalgic or reminiscent. Remember and remind each other who you were when you first got together, and what it was like in that first happy flush. Remind each other of the person he/she went crazy over. This is especially interesting after that death card---you can still see that other stuff. Yes, you may have let go of your ideas on life, but those old personalities still exist. Just because a person's ideas change doesn't mean that they are a whole different person!

As for that court card---I've never been good at courts in outcome positions, but I'd say that you relationship will take on the "Queen of Wands" traits--very involved, and yep, you should be gettin' it on a little more ;)

Glass Owl

rissa said:
As for the Death card? I'd give your interpretation if it were in position 4. But in position 3, I'd say it refers to the fact that the "old" marriage "died" so to speak. You are not the same couple as you were before.
This is so true. We have changed a lot as individuals and we have had to deal with a lot of stresses and major events since we have married. When I think back to when we got married, it seems so long ago.
rissa said:
The six of cups suggests to me that it's time to get nostalgic or reminiscent. Remember and remind each other who you were when you first got together, and what it was like in that first happy flush. Remind each other of the person he/she went crazy over.
This is really been something that we lost sight of...that relationships are work. We have so much going on between work, child, etc that we forget to make time for the two of us. Just the other day we went out to see a movie (first time in several years) and it was so nice.
rissa said:
As for that court card---I've never been good at courts in outcome positions, but I'd say that you relationship will take on the "Queen of Wands" traits--very involved, and yep, you should be gettin' it on a little more ;)
I just showed him the results of this spread and he is very happy about that Queen of Wands :) Thanks so much for your feedback, it really helped me better to understand what the cards were telling me.

Schehrazada

Another interpretation

Hi Glass Owl!

I hope this helps. The current situation is that there is a problem and that you and your husband are being vocal about it, that is, you are communicating very much each other's frustration. The negative influence is the lack of wisdom in the situation itself.

The positive outcome is that, based on the current events, the situation will change and become a new one (Death). What you can do is propose to have a romantic gathering with him, something that will show him how much you care about him. You are compelled to take control of the situation, but in a romantic way. The outcome, if you do this, is that you will not only continue to be his wife, but that he will regard you for life as his best friend, as a very smart and strong person (Queen of Wands).

Does this make sense to you? I wish you very much strength in this hard period of your life. :)

S.

Glass Owl

Schehrazada said:
The current situation is that there is a problem and that you and your husband are being vocal about it, that is, you are communicating very much each other's frustration. The negative influence is the lack of wisdom in the situation itself.
This is very true. Sometimes we take out our frustrations on each other. We don't mean to, it just happens. It's hard for us to let things go. Something is upsetting and we ending talking (complaining) about it until we find ourselves just going around and around in circles and we still don't end up with any resolution. And maybe that's because there really isn't one or we can't see it yet no matter how much talking we do. At any rate, we don't know when to just be quiet and allow ourselves the opportunity to relax/be positive.
Schehrazada said:
The positive outcome is that, based on the current events, the situation will change and become a new one (Death).

The outcome, if you do this, is that you will not only continue to be his wife, but that he will regard you for life as his best friend, as a very smart and strong person (Queen of Wands).

Does this make sense to you? I wish you very much strength in this hard period of your life. :)
Thank you so much for your kind words. What you say really relates to our situation and has given me a lot of guidance. I feel very empowered and it has given me a lot of hope. Shy, emotional me, becoming the Queen of Wands. I like it!

willowfox

Death suggests changes and endings, and in this case his father has ended his stay at your home changing the situation into a much freer one for both you and your husband, a good change.

Queen of wands suggests that the relationship can now become more lively, happy and that you both become more committed to one another, it further says that you should both feel more enthusiastic in your everyday routine.

Glass Owl

Since this reading a lot has happened... lots of sadness...

balenciaga

Your Answers Were All There

Just want to say how sorry I am to hear, and to remind you that the situ is "not your fault" (Hangman RX). All the answers are there in that spread, aren't they? I won't do a hindsight reading, because you can easily read it for yourself now. Remember to use the past (6 Cups) and all you have learned from it as "guidance".