Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Renaissance Tarot (Jones / Lyle) - 4 of Pentacles

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Renaissance Tarot

Citizen

Enchanted 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra
Um. I'm seeing this differently. Try standing like that: hold something in each hand, extended overhead, and take a wide stance (if not on your pentacles, then perhaps on your high heeled shoes) and then...hold it...hold it....hold it....

Such balancing is a strain.
I hadn't thought of it like that, but I can see where you are coming from. Sustaining that posture for any length of time would really hurt, your muscles would begin to ache and a definite case of the jelly legs.

So I guess in a way, he will have to let go or else it is going to cause him pain.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
sporadic magic

Debra 
sporadic magic

Thus the connection to the traditional "miser" meaning, I think....it's a strain to hold on.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Citizen

Papageno 
Citizen

Quote:

Such balancing is a strain.
ah.....sustainability
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

Enchanted 
Citizen

I just thought that maybe that is why his head is cocked to one side. Perhaps he is thinking, I'm not really sure how much longer I can hold this.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
sporadic magic

Debra 
sporadic magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted
I just thought that maybe that is why his head is cocked to one side. Perhaps he is thinking, I'm not really sure how much longer I can hold this.
Yeah, maybe! I can see him looking proudly at one coin after another....still grasping to control them all! Maybe I'm too wedded to the RWS meanings after all.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Thus the connection to the traditional "miser" meaning, I think....it's a strain to hold on.
I like that
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Citizen

Enchanted 
Citizen

Quote:
Yeah, maybe! I can see him looking proudly at one coin after another....still grasping to control them all! Maybe I'm too wedded to the RWS meanings after all.
That's what I keep thinking with these cards, that I'm wedded to RWS meanings. I am trying to look at them with fresh eyes, but it is hard to forget what you already learnt. I am enjoying this study group though, I feel stretched and in a good way!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Citizen

WooMonkey 
Citizen

Quote:
I can see him looking proudly at one coin after another....still grasping to control them all! Maybe I'm too wedded to the RWS meanings after all.
Me guilty too! Although my first impression of this card is much more positive than the RWS. At first I thought he was straining to reach the upper coins, but now that I've looked again it seems that they're resting in his palms.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Citizen

ana luisa 
Citizen

Smile reviving an ancient thread

The guy has mastery over the four elements (air and water - fire and earth) and seems to have them all balanced , however, the head turned to the side made me wonder : it's possible that he may be checking for stability just in case one of them coins decides to fall. The caveat is that his stance puts him in a very vulnerable position because neither his hands nor his feet can protect him so he may consider whether this sacrifice is worth the gain. He also seems to be showing off his accomplishments.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.