Tarot Diary

wavebreaker

I just got this wonderful belated birthday present from a friend: a Tarot Diary for 2003! :)

It contains some background on tarot and a few spreads and every page contains the image of a Minor Arcana card with some keywords. In between, the Major Arcana are printed on separate pages. All the card images are from Lo Scarabeo's Enchanted Tarot.

It's a Dutch edition, you can see it here. Apparently, they issue one every year, each time with a different deck.

I'm going to use it for my daily cards next year... ;)

catlin

We have something similar out here: Tarot Calendar by Ed. Trèves, then another one by a Carsten Wockel and the Realis Tarot Calender which issues together with the 22 Major Arcanas of other tarot decks (last year they pirated retrokat's Golden Tarot and this year they printed R. Place's Angel related deck).

Pollux

Oh Catlin! I gotta know about that!
Is it in english?
Tarotlady's diary is only in dutch, and I can't read it.

But I want a Journal/Diary so bad (tarotlady's fault!) and I don't want to get a normal school agenda for it.
i want something special and related to Tarot.

I have tried to search for something, but there is none published by Italian.

Could you give me more info about the ones you mentiones as well? Pretty please... :*

Jewel

Caitlin I also want to know!!!! Are the calendars wall calendars? Llewellyn quit making the Tarot Calendar and I am looking for one for next year. Too bad that diary is in Dutch ... actually too bad I can't read Dutch! If it were in English it would have to be a have-to-have item.

Laurel

I'm thinking of getting a copy of that Tarot Diary and I'll just learn the dang Dutch. LOL. It looks beautiful and inspiring. I've got this stack of spiral notebooks that I've used to journal in... having something a little more aesthetically pleasing for 2003 would be nice. :)

Laurel

wavebreaker

I tried to find catlin's calendars on the internet and I've found the ones from Ed. Trèves and Carsten Wockel, but they seem to be the same one.
It looks like it's a diary, like mine, and it's in German.

So it looks like you'll have to learn either Dutch or German, Jewel... :D

wavebreaker

Laurel said:
I've got this stack of spiral notebooks that I've used to journal in... having something a little more aesthetically pleasing for 2003 would be nice. :)
Mind you, it doesn't offer a lot of space per day, so if you want to use it for writing down full readings, it's probably not very useful... But it's perfect to write down daily cards.

Interesting detail by the way: there's a list of holidays in it, but it only lists Christian holidays, not pagan holidays.
And in the date section, I've seen some birthdays listed like that of Aleister Crowley and Pamela Colman Smith.
And did you know that on 23 March 1377 tarot cards were banned in Florence, Italy? ;)

Melvis

I just found an illustrated Tarot Journal by Dennis Fairchild and Julie Paschkis at a used bookstore...I bought two of them, actually!

The author & artist also created the Tarot Nova deck, and what's really cool is that the journal has the little Tarot Nova deck included with it! The deck comes in the front of the journal on a few perforated sheets inside the front cover. You detach each of the cards first in order to use them. I've included a scan of a few of the cards, shown still attached in the journal.

There's about 100 pages in the journal, with one card name at the bottom of each page. A short upright and reversed meaning for the card is also included on each page. There's a couple pages about spreads in the back, but nothing very technical.

All in all, it's a nice journal...I'm sure I'll fill it up in just a few months! You can find it at Amazon by searching for "tarot illustrated journal", but remember to go to Amazon through an Aeclectic link, so Solandia will get credit! :D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 111

Pollux

I want one!!! :'(
I think it would be a great remedy against my loathe for obligations...
Melivs, are you sure there's no other tarot journal existing?
How much was it? Do you think there are others? How about a trade? ;) ;) ;)
I have tried doing a search but I never get ueful info or pages.

MystiqueMoonlight

If you are in Australia or indeed the Southern Hemisphere you can buy something similar from this site http://www.whitemagic.com.au/wcraft/diary.htm

I have been using these diaries as my journal for a number of years now. They are very good. They don't fall apart, having significant dates marked such as Moon phases, Esbats, Sabbats (all relevant to the Southern Hemisphere), and are loaded with lots of other little goodies.

I've just ordered mine for next year.