beautifull art work
amazeing courts
One of the best companion books ever made
The deck just talks to you

Lewen

Robin Wood
The Greenman Tree Oracle
Ogham, the Celtic Oracle

are the ones I seem to be working with the most. Since I just received Tarot of the Old Path, The Well Worn Path and the Beardsley Tarot, this might change as they have been calling me and I've been shuffling them and learning to get to know them.

Keavy McGee

VGimlet said:
I'm using all the decks I own for a week for daily draws. If I keep buying decks like I have this year it's going to take me until 2010 to get through them all, and I wish I was kidding, LOL.

That is SUCH a good idea, VGimlet! I think I should try that, too!!

I just got back into tarot this spring after...oh...let's just say quite a few years away *looks around, whistling*. Anyway, I hadn't seen my old Thoth for years and suddenly I saw all these gorgeous decks and everyone's amazing reviews and, well, I now have about 20 new decks, all bought in the space of three months!! It's SO sad!! :D

My first new love was Kat Black's Golden - wonderful art and what a fantastic companion book!

Most recently, Nigel Jackson's Medieval Enchantment arrived and I love his artwork, so got his two oracles as well and I'm working with them.

And I'm learning the Harmonious online in the AT Study Group.

Plus, there are Froud's Faeries to be enjoyed...

Um, yes, back to one deck a week, I think, at least for the summer...;)

Ta, Tchus, & Ciao4Now!!

Keavy

starrystarrynight

Since I received it as a Christmas gift, I've been using Joseph Ernest Martin's Quest Tarot almost exclusively. Beyond the artwork's symbolisms (which I'm not completely drawn to), there is a ton of information on each card, and I learn something new everyday with this deck.

I can't say what it is about the Quest Tarot because, as I said, I don't really love the artwork, nor do I agree with everything he has written about each card in his accompanying book, The Compass. But I get some banging readings when I use it, so I'll probably stay with it awhile longer. :)

sharpchick

As is my practice, I'm using two decks daily - a tarot and an oracle.

The tarot is the Tarot of the Old Path. I love this deck. I recently did a merciless winnowing (okay, it really remains to be seen just how merciless it was) of my collection and there was no question that I would keep this deck.

My readings - for me and others - are always on point, and doing daily readings (three card draws) with the deck keeps me continuously aware that the cards speak to me on many different levels.

Emily

At the moment I'm using the Morgan Greer again but the Spanish version, I love the slightly darker colours in this version and the Morgan Greer is a deck I always seem to turn back to - I think its probably my comfort deck but I've come to the conclusion that if its not broken, don't fix it! :)

Also I'm using the Renaissance Tarot (Lyle/Jones) still a really new deck but I love the metallic images and the simplicity of the imagery that doesn't seem so simple when you start reading the cards.

tortoise

Right now I'm using the Transformational (Ando). I really like it, but because I have several new ones, I 'll probably shift to the Victorian Romantic for the next month.

Vesper

I'm totally in love with my new Fantastic Menagerie. There's something so wonderful about the colors, the whisper-blue sky, and warm buff of the earth against the bright costumes and plumages. The creatures are so expressive, without being smirky, or coy. Also: no bare breasts. (Not that I don't love 'em, but I don't need to see them every time I read.)

Like others, I've tried the Victorian Romantic, but can't get into it. I find the images just gorgeous, but the faces seem to haunt me. Like they're trying to tell me something in a language I don't understand. I ordered the companion book, and I'm hoping it will help me access this much-beloved deck.

I also have the Revelations deck on order, for a complete change of pace.

lark

I finally picked up the Mystic Faeries and I'm using that...so far I'm finding it a little flat...but will keep working with it...I want to give it a fair shake..it is very, very pretty and would probably be a great deck to use whan working with the public.

coeur

I used to work with the Rider-Waite because I was poor and had no allowance and thirteen. It had taken me a long time to bully a boy into buying me a deck. I used it for about two years, but I was really in love with the Thoth deck. I loved Crowley and his way with words (though his former student Spare was an even greater inspiration, Spare didn't leave any tarot decks behind to my knowledge--he was absorbed in making his own decks from his personal language) and I loved how vibrant all the colors were. You won't believe this, but I finally found the deck on a family trip to the beach--in an S&M shop. Weird isn't it? My parents even paid the 30 dollars the shop was charging.

I guess it's been 5 years since then, and I'll be the first to admit the Thoth deck was really difficult at first. But I've really gotten to know the Thoth deck and while it has a black humor, I'll have to admit my humor is even blacker. My friends are used to me laughing at personal debacles, and when they hear me laughing, they frequently ask, "Is Danielle drunk or did something horrible just happen?"

What can I say? It's not like crying is going to make me feel better.

The Thoth deck and I go hand and hand and I can't really imagine working with another deck.