Smokey Quartz

Roewyn

Hi everyone!

Im new to this area of AT.. spend most of my time in the Tarot Exchange.. but I am starting to learn about some crystals that I have had for a very very long time.. Ive had them on my sill at the head of my bed for the past few weeks.. and I was having a really rough emotional time the other day and looked at them.. the smokey quartz called out to me it seemed and I've been carrying it around since.. I think it helps..

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the purposes that Smokey Quartz's can have.. or be used for.. Im not sure why i grabbed that one.. but Ive become attached to it.. :D

Im also wondering if its actually a smokey quartz. Its really really light.. almost brownish, purplish yellow tinted.. but not yellowish.. very very clear.. lots of phantoms.. more like striations really..

Also there is a spot in it that just showed up since the other day.. it looks kinda like tin foil or a silvery fish scale on the inside of it.. is that bad??

How do I cleanse it and is it bad to hold it when Im feeling aggitated?? That seems to be when I reach for it.. its almost like a worry stone.. :confused:

I took a picture of it but im not sure how to post it up here.. I think Ill have to upload the pic to photobucket and post a link to it.. :) Ill have to take a better one tho cuz it turned out really fuzzy no matter what angle or light I used.. :neutral:

Thanks in advance for your help!!

And blessings!!

Roewyn

rainwolf

http://www.bestcrystals.com/smoky.html

bestcrystals.com said:
Metaphysical Properties: Dissipates negativity. Balances energies of mind and body. Good for meditation. Protective and grounding stone. Enhances dream awareness and channeling abilities. Mitigates depression, is mildly sedative and relaxing.

rainwolf

Smoky Quartz can be very beautiful. If you scroll down you can see a smoky quartz sphere. It's a little expensive though, except in rough form.

Roewyn

Thank you so much Rainwolf! That is exactly it.. although mine is much much smaller.. hehe..

Seems that it chose me correctly.. lol..

Those really are beautiful. :)

Love and Blessings!

Rin

If you need/want to feel it when you're aggitated or nervous, then go for it! Some stones are there for just that purpose, to help you through those times.

Of course, after awhile, you might want to cleanse them so they don't get too 'dirty'.

wizzle

When a stone "calls out" to you it's almost always a good thing. There isn't a real separation between "smoky" quartz or other varieties. "Clear" or "citrine" quartz willl meld into the smokey tones.

Quartz is a stone that moves energies quickly. But the smokey shades tend to slow those energies down so they are more soothing. Think of water sliding over the lip of a small fountain... that would be smoky quartz. Citrine would be more like water gushing out of a drinking fountain.

So smokey quartz is calming but not passive. It's great for when you need to think through problems and make plans. The dark quality will help to contain issues, especialy if you tend to be rather fragmented.

Roewyn

wow!! thats cool!! well lil smokey has become my buddy since then.. hehe.. i carry it around with me everywhere.

And interesting you mention citrine.. i recently went on a short quest to purchase a new crystal... the first one I have actually ever bought myself.. well i happened to actually buy the first one i found cuz it was exactly what i wanted.. its an amythest, but when i got it it said it had cirtine in it...

funny thing is.. you say 'pouring energy" whahha.. yeahhh!!! this crystals vibrations are like none I have ever felt. amazing. however, i have to be very careful with it because i was holding it the other day before sleep and i had some very very intense dreams and ended up with a really bad headache.. so i only look at it for now.. lol..

joya250

Smokey Quartz & Headache!

I recently came across a smokey quartz necklace I purchased awhile back. The necklace is an entire strand of cut/faceted smokey quartz. Very pretty.

I got the necklace on a whim at a meditation retreat. At the time, I was unable to wear it because I kept feeling distracted/choked when I did. After the retreat, I forgot about the necklace for a couple of years.

I pulled it out last night and wore it around the house. Immediately upon putting it on, I could feel intense energy sensations around my upper chakras. The sensations weren't particularly pleasant, but I kept the necklace on out of curiosity & determination. I decided to sleep with it on, and awoke around 4 am with an extremely intense headache. I took the necklace off, and the headache soon subsided.

I am a person who collects stones, and have quite a varied collection. I do not easily perceive sensation/vibration from stones.

But apparently, this particular smokey quartz necklace rocks my world... and painfully/sensationally so!

I'm not sure why this would be. ????

Any thoughts anyone on why smokey quartz would have such a powerful affect on somebody.... especially when the "usual heavies" such as moldavite, malachite, etc. don't seem to affect me at all.

wizzle

Dear Joya,

Since you mentioned no adverse reaction to malachite or moldavite, I'm going to venture a guess why smoky quartz was difficult for you. Any form of quartz is a "fast" stone metaphysically. That is, energy just whizzes through it. Smoky quartz is probably the "slowest" of the quartz family, but it is still quick.

Moldovite and malachite are "slow" stones. That is, they disperse energy in a much more paced or measured way than does quartz.

You might want to experiment with jasper. It's part of the quartz family but MUCH slower than crystaline forms of quartz. A white/pale form of jasper might be just the thing for you, quartz wise. If that works you can then step up to agate, which is a more crystaline form of quartz but still not as active as what you tried. I'd recommend ocean jasper which is a lovely grey/white stone (at least the one I have is that color... there are other shades under that name). This stone is easily found on the web.

Don't try to force yourself into using a stone that doesn't agree with you. There are plenty of good substitutes.