Where does Jade fall in Crystal work?

AJ

And I'm talking the Real jade, not the carp sold on Shopping channels ;)

Sulis

I use colour correspondences a lot with magic so it depends what colour jade you're talking about.

I find that jade, no matter what the colour has a very soothing energy.

I have used green jade in fertility spells (for both plants and humans) with very good results.

Red jade may be good for 'women's problems' as it is very similar in colour to carnelian.

AJ

Dark green

Just wondering if there was a particular need that drew me to these rings.
Thank you.

Attachments

• a 005.jpg
    a 005.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 166

Sulis

Ooh they're lovely. What a gorgeous shade of green.

Green is good for prosperity spells and for anything that involves growth really (hence the fertility spells).
I find that light green gives quicker results that are short lasting but dark green gives longer lasting results.

AJ

Oooo, gets shivers...
You won't believe it but since I bought these rings last month we've been offered the gift of a 10 acre farm right out of the blue...no house on it, but the tax rolls list it about about 200K US. We are still trying to figure out what the down side is ~

They really are beautiful rings, not expensive, just nice. I'd been looking for several years and saw these within a week of each other.
Thank you...green for growth, I'll remember that.

Sophie

That looks like nephrite, a type of dark jade. Nephrite is very good for all kinds of kidney complaints. Metaphysically, it's good for anything to do with growth, but also with emotion and with good elimination and purification (if you need to purify something in your mind, heart or soul, use nephrite).

The clearer and lighter jade is China's most noble and spiritual stone, as well as one of the most beautiful stones on this planet. Legend has it that jade was created of the tears of a dragon, the great creative animal. There are not enough words in English or characters in Chinese to speak of its qualities. Here are some:

- wisdom
- moderation
- prosperity
- luck
- benevolence

Here's a quote from the Zhou Li, 2,500 years old:
Anciently superior men found the likeness of
all excellent qualities in jade. Soft, smooth and
glossy, it appeared to them like benevolence;
fine, compact and strong, like intelligence ... its
flaws not concealing its beauty, nor its beauty
its flaws, like loyalty; with internal radiance
issuing from it on every side, like good faith.

Jade is mentioned in the 50th Hexagram of the Yi Jing, to signify something has transformed into the greatest possible good. So to work with jade is very special.

Mi-Shell

The First Nations People, especially in the South West of the US and in Mexico note jade as helpfull for personal growth and also as an aide to bring peace and tranquillity, when in mourning.
Jade was sacred to the Olmeks and is highly revered by the Maya.
It stands for the green life energy of the forest and the Earth from where we all come and to where we will return.
To wear jade is to understand the cycle of life and death....

AJ

Thank you Sulis, Fudugazi, and Mi-Shell, I appreciate your input. I've dithered for months over what crystal or rock book to get, but I don't think I have room in my brain right now to take on a new study. Thank you very much. I've always loved this darker green/olive shade of jade, but I wear very little jewelry, always something higher on the priority list in the budget. These rings give me pleasure every time I look at them so I'm glad I busted out :)