Atlas Burden Spread

faerylvr

Next in my Greek Myth spreads is that of Burdens, which brings to mind the story of Atlas. Here is a spread that goes with that. Please try it out and let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Atlas Tarot Spread – Burdens

. 5
3 .
. .
. .

1. Atlas – Querant as leader, like Atlas led the Titans.

2. Zeus – Who it is that puts the burden of the World onto the querant’s shoulders for their leadership. Zeus imprisoned Atlas this way for his part in the war.

3. Atlas – Querant under the burden or “weight of the world” as Atlas was.

4. World – The burden the querant shoulders like Atlas shoulders the world.

5. Hercules – What or who it is that can relieve some of the querant’s burden. Hercules relieved Atlas for a short time while Atlas looked for the golden apples.

Summersnowflake

Last summer I tried the Atlas spread and it was very helpful. I wasn't a member at the time so I couldn't write to thank you for posting it, but now I can!

At the time I used the Atlas spread to contemplate a problem I was in the middle of, among a group of people, a problem that was rapidly getting out of hand and causing me tremendous distress and disappointment.

The spread helped me understand better what was really going on, where I was in the situation (as opposed to where I thought I was) and gave me an idea of what to do which turned out to be the right thing.

Since then the problem has simmered down and no one is threatening to sue each other anymore. I'd like to reconcile with the others but I'm not sure if that's wise or exactly how to go about it. I was just looking at your Apollo spread and I think that might be a good one to try. We'll see!

So thank you so much for posting the Atlas spread, it fit my situation well and really helped me find the way.