Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

sunstallion 
Citizen

How often do you ask a YES/NO question ?

Hi,

I would like to know how often do you ask a YES/NO question and use a YES/NO spread, and when do you do it ?

Because it seems to me that asking a yes/no question and using a yes/no spread is limited, but sometimes you have to have a yes/no answer like you want to know if it's best for you to make certain decisions or not.

Thanks
sunstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller

I use a "what if I do, what if I don't". One card for each is very helpful. If you want more information, drawing two or three cards for each will provide it, but usually one for each does the trick for me.

I don't use yes/no questions otherwise, usually.

We are made by magic. All of us in general are magicians. ~Andre Pierre

Last edited by Grizabella; 08-07-2007 at 02:45.
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Papageno 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstallion
Hi,

I would like to know how often do you ask a YES/NO question and use a YES/NO spread, and when do you do it ?

Because it seems to me that asking a yes/no question and using a yes/no spread is limited, but sometimes you have to have a yes/no answer like you want to know if it's best for you to make certain decisions or not.

Thanks
ditto Solitaire

I don't ask "yes" "no"......tell me what the consequences, the effect will be of a given action

"yes" "no" is very tempting because we want straight forward answers but as you pointed out yourself it's very limiting and therefore potentially dangerous. there are always ripples.
Papageno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Sulis 
believer in magic

I don't think that I do ask questions that require a yes or no answer.

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it' - Roald Dahl
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
floracove 
~forever fascinating & mysterious~

You know, I never thought about it before...

I've only used y/n rarely.

There will come a day when we will all remember what we knew before we were born. ~ Julie B. Beck

*cheesecake smile*
floracove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

I don't ask them because then I am often puzzled by the response. I do more like Solitaire* suggests: "aspects of this choice versus aspects of that choice" or whatever is applicable.
Alta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
sunstallion 
Citizen

Like if I want to know if some one still keeps my contact info or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if a visitor from a third-world country can visit the US or not, that's a yes/no question.

A woman interviews several candidates to babysit her child, I want to know if each candidate is a good fit or not, that's a yes/no question.

I have a few interviews with different companies lately, and I want to know if each one offers me a job or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if a woman I like is thinking or missing me, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if someone is going to get fired at their job or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if I should use someone as a job reference, that's a yes/no question.

My friend wants to know if his brother (who he has not talked to for several years) is still married to his brother's wife, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if an old acquaintance is going to contact me or not, that is a yes/no question.

The scenarios I mentioned above is different person, different situation. None of them is related to one another.
sunstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
WeepinWillow 
Resident

I don't have great success with using "Yes/No" spreads. I usually do the "What happens if I do this and what happens if I do that?" I get better responses that way and usually they are spot on. I think it makes it hard to get more information if you "narrow the search" like that.
WeepinWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Tiro DvD 
Citizen

I limit yes/no questions to once a day for a given subject. (I can still ask yes/no questions during the day but on other topics.) If the question concerns a very emotionally loaded issue its once period. However I'd more often than not use another divination system than the Tarot since the Tarot is geared more to details and expressions rather than discrete results.
Tiro DvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
AJ 
Citizen

I have a cousin of the magic 8 ball in my shopping cart at Amazon for yes no questions. One of these days when I'm feeling flush I'm going to actually buy it.
My 2 cents, using tarot for yea/nea questions is like using your car to get from the living room to the kitchen. You could, but why would you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PsychicBowlingBall.jpg (27.9 KB, 33 views)
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today