Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

How often do you ask a YES/NO question ?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Citizen

sunstallion 
Citizen
How often do you ask a YES/NO question ?

Hi,

I would like to know how often do you ask a YES/NO question and use a YES/NO spread, and when do you do it ?

Because it seems to me that asking a yes/no question and using a yes/no spread is limited, but sometimes you have to have a yes/no answer like you want to know if it's best for you to make certain decisions or not.

Thanks
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I use a "what if I do, what if I don't". One card for each is very helpful. If you want more information, drawing two or three cards for each will provide it, but usually one for each does the trick for me.

I don't use yes/no questions otherwise, usually.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Citizen

Papageno 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstallion
Hi,

I would like to know how often do you ask a YES/NO question and use a YES/NO spread, and when do you do it ?

Because it seems to me that asking a yes/no question and using a yes/no spread is limited, but sometimes you have to have a yes/no answer like you want to know if it's best for you to make certain decisions or not.

Thanks
ditto Solitaire

I don't ask "yes" "no"......tell me what the consequences, the effect will be of a given action

"yes" "no" is very tempting because we want straight forward answers but as you pointed out yourself it's very limiting and therefore potentially dangerous. there are always ripples.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

I don't think that I do ask questions that require a yes or no answer.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Citizen

floracove 
Citizen

You know, I never thought about it before...

I've only used y/n rarely.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

I don't ask them because then I am often puzzled by the response. I do more like Solitaire* suggests: "aspects of this choice versus aspects of that choice" or whatever is applicable.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Citizen

sunstallion 
Citizen

Like if I want to know if some one still keeps my contact info or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if a visitor from a third-world country can visit the US or not, that's a yes/no question.

A woman interviews several candidates to babysit her child, I want to know if each candidate is a good fit or not, that's a yes/no question.

I have a few interviews with different companies lately, and I want to know if each one offers me a job or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if a woman I like is thinking or missing me, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if someone is going to get fired at their job or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if I should use someone as a job reference, that's a yes/no question.

My friend wants to know if his brother (who he has not talked to for several years) is still married to his brother's wife, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if an old acquaintance is going to contact me or not, that is a yes/no question.

The scenarios I mentioned above is different person, different situation. None of them is related to one another.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Resident

WeepinWillow 
Resident

I don't have great success with using "Yes/No" spreads. I usually do the "What happens if I do this and what happens if I do that?" I get better responses that way and usually they are spot on. I think it makes it hard to get more information if you "narrow the search" like that.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Citizen

Tiro DvD 
Citizen

I limit yes/no questions to once a day for a given subject. (I can still ask yes/no questions during the day but on other topics.) If the question concerns a very emotionally loaded issue its once period. However I'd more often than not use another divination system than the Tarot since the Tarot is geared more to details and expressions rather than discrete results.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

I have a cousin of the magic 8 ball in my shopping cart at Amazon for yes no questions. One of these days when I'm feeling flush I'm going to actually buy it.
My 2 cents, using tarot for yea/nea questions is like using your car to get from the living room to the kitchen. You could, but why would you?
Attached Images

Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.