Book of Kaos: Two of Cups

Little Baron

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z43/littledragon1972/CUPS02int.jpg

This is such a warming ‘Two of Cups’. A couple sit by the river. Water can be seen lapping at the bank. It is moving and is healthy.

There are two cups in the picture, but only one is being used by the man and woman. They have discarded the second cup, choosing to be represented as ‘one’. They both place a hand either on or around it. Interestingly, the mouth of the cup is covered by the man, and the stem is held by the woman. The woman holds onto the more masculine element of the vessel, whereas the man covers the feminine opening with his palm. This is a meeting of opposites. An appreciation and moulding of the two. Giving and receiving.

These two have given themselves to love and have joined with one another. Often this card might depict two lovers, but mainly, I like to think of it in it’s simplest of terms - an emotional pairing. This does not need to have a sexual context. It could be two friends, siblings or any couple that mutually enjoy each other’s company. For many years, it has been my ‘J. Card’ because it often arises when we are due to meet. The card [in this deck] also reminds me of my friendship with S., when we were at our closest. We often sacrificed all others to be alone together. The setting of this illustration reminds me of the times we would wander into the countryside on an adventure or when we would fall asleep together, cuddled up facing each other, with my forehead snuggled against his.

In short, the ‘Two of Cups’ is an emotional transaction or exchange. It is an emotional sharing. Yesterday, I drew this card and could not figure out how it might affect my day as I had not planned to leave the house. Eventually, I got a text message from A., asking me to attend her wedding in September. Aside from the fact that it represented a friend reaching out to me after a long while of no contact, it also symbolised the partnership between her and B., who soon will be married.

room

I like your take on what the cup means and the way they are holding it.

I think this is one of the cards that I bought the deck for. He's drawn that energy, that feeling in there of a moment we have all experienced with someone, even though it seems very soft and reflective, there is energy.

Where I grew up in Toronto, we had several creeks, rivers, and parks and and we used to mess around on our bikes and paddle our feet in the creek. Sometimes with a group, more often just with a friend, hanging around on a sunny day after school or on holidays. It reminds me of that too--that kind of drowsy, bumming around feeling with a good friend by your side.

Little Baron

I get that too room. It is a lovely warm Summer afternoon card. Or maybe it is Autumn and still warm.

Too often, we see lovers in this card. But here, a pact is made; that could just as easily be of friendship. And I love those moments when you are alone with someone and feel so connected that your heads may as well be gelled together as they are in the picture.

LB

shadowdancer

well, having seen the image, I feel they are so at ease with each other, happy with silence as well as words. Each in their own world ( he with his eyes closed) yet in the same world together.

this sort of feeling is usually borne out of really feeling comfortable with someone and where there is a special bond of sorts. How many times have we felt we had to say something when with another person, but with the one really feel a kinship with, there could be hours of silence but which does not lead to a feeling of being uncomfortable.

A state of 'knowing' or 'being' as one. I feel I have this with my partner too LB. We can go all night not speaking to each other, but just knowing we are in the same room as each other we feel peaceful and alive at the same time.

A special feeling and emotion has definitely been captured with this card as already explained.

Davina