Book of Kaos - 8 of Swords and Pregnancy

caridwen

i was looking at this card and wondered if the woman is either pregnant or holding a bag? What do you think?

She is richly dressed and a princess waiting to be rescued springs to mind.

shadowdancer

I have the opinion she is actually pregnant.

Davina

caridwen

shadowdancer said:
I have the opinion she is actually pregnant.

Davina

Do you think it means the pregnancy is a burden to her which is why she won't leave the swords? It's a bit of a strange looking lump...

shadowdancer

It is.... but this is how I see it.

She is not actually surrounded by the swords - if anything she is standing in front of the circle of swords, so they are not caging her in if that makes sense, but she is looking back at them with her arms over herself as if a little protective of what is inside.

How does this relate?

Is she looking backwards in her life at the restrictions she perhaps had and sees the future with a child as being more releasing / less stressful?

Or is she looking back and now having second thoughts at the fact having a child will be restrictive? She is sort of smiling so I think it is perhaps a case of both applying - the smile perhaps being one of irony. the cloud behind also may give a clue as to what is going on. The cloud is behind the swords, so is she moving toward something outside the picture we can't see that is less menacing, or is she still hankering after the past, which may not have been all that either for her. Could be a few takes on this, which is why I love what I have seen of the deck so far.

Davina