AT Traveling Member Deck ~ Journal II

Daizdy

A Fool's Journey

II

Traveling AT Member Deck Journal

*​

jmd

Well... that's it!

I've had my week - and what a wonderful deck it is.

Actually handling the travelling deck (instead of my own) made me pay additional attention to parts I may not otherwise have done in the same manner, knowing this one was going to travel from hand to hand.

...it's now headed towards mythos... and I suppose she'll have to let go of it before Tarot Café next Saturday!

mythos

Day 1 -It's arrived ... Tuesday. I've wandered through the deck twice already, and have had a 100 questions come to mind. I have fallen for the Fool who reminds me of Zarathustra when he comes down from the mountains having had his great revelation, enters a town where nothing makes sense to him because they do not know that God is dead.

Of course the Fool's revelation need not be the same ... merely some version of the realisation that the externals of life are irrelevant in light of the big picture.

Day 2: * Slept with the deck under my pillow. I awoke this morning with a killer headache and a pinched nerve in my shoulder and elbow. Recommendation ... decks under pillows are like peas under mattresses ... er ... if you are a real princess :rolleyes:!

* Took out the Trumps, shuffled heaps and did two, one card draws. The first question was 'What do I need to know to help me move on with painting my monster OOBE/Shapeshifter painting. Drew the Papess. According to the LWB, this is the 'Grandmother' card. Made sense. Second shuffle and draw was about "What do I need to know to get me moving on with painting my deck. Got III, the Empress - the Mother card ... made sense too!

* I have over 20 TdM and Stackhouse type decks. I compared the Conver Trumps and the Dodal (I think ... maybe :confused) Trumps with the Noblet. Some very interesting variations. I'll leave you to find them for yourself :D.

* The LWB states "As for Justice, see how she cheats!" Well 'No' ... I don't. This could be ignorance on my part (high probability) or merely a need for new specs (high probability) ... or both I suppose (highest probability:D).

* I love the size of the cards ... very shuffleable, and as I am a square corner deck lover ... I love the corners.

* Question: Given that the back of the deck is black and white, thus making the signing by us somewhat unreadable, is there a possibility of getting a tad more colourful?

Day 3 The deck and I have been on adventures. Well, that is if you can call a taxi trip to the local hospital pathology department and back home, going on adventures. While Dad was being leeched, I read a little more of the LWB and did one of the readings. I used a chair next to me as my table. I don't know whether it was the TV blaring above my head, or merely me, but I could make no sense of the cards I pulled. I've kept them separate (though still in the box), and will have another attempt at immersing myself in them later.

The book is one of those that urges against reading for oneself.

Final Day - Due to weekend postage problems, I have to part with the deck this afternoon on Day 4. I still haven't worked out the reading I did. I do have my own copy of the deck ... but ... in spite of that, I am feeling this extraordinary sense of loss. I am happy as a meerkat in spring to send the deck on to our lovely Elven ... but I still feel tremendous separation anxiety. I didn't realise how attached I would become in such a short period of time.

I know that we are not supposed to add anything, but being a stinky smoker, I have put a cone of Nag Champa incense in the bag. If anyone wants to remove it ... go for it. :love:!

* I've just come back from waving the Noblet goodbye. Enjoy Elven :love:!

mythos:)

Elven

:D :bugeyed: ... there was incense? Maybe they took it on in the postage? The bag smelt nice though! :D

Wednesday:
I work on Wednesday, reading Tarot at a small cafe in Katoomba, so I made some time before starting to go to the Post Office to see if the deck had arrived. After checking the postbox, there was the notice, and I knew it had landed in the Mountains :D

I walked to work with the parcel - well wrapped, I hugged it whilst jossling my Tarot basket .. in high heels :D ... I made it to the cafe on time and set up my reading table. I was savouring opening the envelope, I just wanted to check there would be no clients turning up half way through.

I order a coffee and sat down in peace and quiet. Then I ripped open the packaging! There it was! Mythos had placed the bagged in a plastic ziplock ... I opened them both and sat the bag on the reading cloth.

Also inside the envelope was a wonderful card from mythos - lovingly written, wishing me well with the deck - and a great strory regarding 2 climbing kittens, a pack of feral geese, a clothes line, and some swift moves on washing day :D It made me laugh! I was thrilled when I heard the deck was coming from mythos, and I had been looking forward to it since I read the decks itenery.

I also noticed another small parcel - The Blue Moon Tarot!! What a treat and a Beautiful deck!! Thankyou mythos! *hugs*

I couldnt wait though. I opened the beautiful purple velvet bag, and took out the Travelling Deck! WOW!! It felt so strudy - and solid! I opened the box and took the cards and the LWB out and lay them on the reading cloth face down.

Firstly I looked for the signed cards - and found them! There was jmd's and mythos' sigs ... very cool. I put the deck back together and started shuffling. This deck feels GREAT to shuffle - what gorgeous cardstock! I thought I'd draw a card to write my name on first ... I kept shuffling and then cut the deck into three piles, replaced them and drew the top card ... the 9 of Cups! .. Thats the one I signed.

I then spent the rest of the afternoon looking through the cards. I was very taken by the strong colours, and I read the LWB :D ... the deck is so classy - Im glad we have this lovely deck - thankyou jmd - great choice!

I had my days reading decks with me, and it was quiet at the cafe, so I thought I would lay them out - the lot of them, so they could have their photo with the travelling deck. I think they were all smiling ;)
I have posted the photo below.

Then came the time to do a reaidng with it!
I prepared the deck and threw out a Celtic Cross ...
WOW! Powerful cards! Plenty of reading fodder to go interpet and digest. I took a photo of the spread as well - so when I have finished writing up the reading, I will post it in this thread ...

A few of the shop owners remembered me mentioning the deck would be arriving, and were very encouraging in their praise of the deck and what we were all doing.

Late afternoon, I packed up, and placed the deck in the Tarot basket. Time to go home and look through the deck a bit more :D

Thursday
This was a busy day! I didnt get as much time as I wanted to with the deck, but I carried it around with me as I went shopping and had lunch in the park at the waterfalls ...

Friday
I spent some more time looking through each card -going through the Majors one by one and matcing up all the court cards and then all the numbered cards :D

Saturday
I had to pack the deck up. I knew to sign the 9 of cups, but I was also wondering if it should be in black. I noticed that jmd and mythos' signatures, written in black, were a little difficut to see, but I didnt want to mark the card in bright red, just in case :D ... besides I didnt have a red waterproof marker ... so I just wrote Elven 07 in a little larger font in black, and put it back in the pack.

It has been wonderful to have the deck, and I know how you felt mythos,when you know it has to move on. It was harder this time around, and I wish I had had it a bit longer, as I didnt get to take it on some great adventure when it was with me, but I know others will - so this time was a pretty sedate visit in the Mountains - but it is Spring, so I hope it carries some of that beautiful fresh crisp budding energy with it to others as it moves around the world.

Its now on its way to Solandia and should reach her tomorrow, being Tuesday the 16th.Be safe little deck! *Elven waves bye-bye*

Thankyou Daizdy, jmd and Mythos ... and Solandia :D

Ah! Now to wait until the next one comes ...
There are 2 postcards which go with the Deck, which I am sending to Daizdy, which go with the Journal at the end of the Decks travels.

Blessings Elven x

The Noblet deck on the reading table at the Cafe with other decks. Blue Mountains Katoomba 10/10/07.

Attachments

• ATF Tarot Travelling Deck sml.jpg
    ATF Tarot Travelling Deck sml.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 237
  • ATF Tarot Travelling Deck (3) sml.JPG
    ATF Tarot Travelling Deck (3) sml.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 221
  • ATF Tarot Travelling Deck (5) sml.jpg
    ATF Tarot Travelling Deck (5) sml.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 204

Solandia

The travelling deck spent the weekend with me, and is now on its way to Star-Willow.

I did a reading or two (the deck does feel lovely in the hands), and signed the back of the World card. :)

~ Solandia

Attachments

• spread-travelling-deck.jpg
    spread-travelling-deck.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 226
  • temperance-travelling-deck.jpg
    temperance-travelling-deck.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 220

Star-Willow

I received the deck from Solandia yesterday :) along with some AT stickers, I have kept 1 and will send the others on :) I wasn't able to look at it until last night..... so Day 1 the Jean Noblet was sitting on my *reading table* with some of my other decks and assorted pretty things :)

When I got it out of the box for the first time, I searched for the cards that had been signed so far and this brought a smile to my face, knowing that these lovely people had touched the same deck and knowing that I was a part of this journey :) :heart: I have to be really honest though and say that I first found the pictures to be, ummm... well.... not to my liking :( I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but I just didn't like the pictures at all.... I then proceeded to go through the deck and sort it by suit and arcana and found that interesting when it came to the swords and batons :confused: I soon sorted that out though :)

After going through the deck again I found myself getting used to it.... then I started on the LWB... this I found interesting and I'm with you Mythos I couldn't see how Justice cheats either :confused: I found myself giggling a little at the Fool, I have never seen him *depicted* in that way before :| and just what is that in the left hand of the Magician???? I wondered if he had taken it from the Fool :laugh:

The LWB also talks about the colours used and why, so this gave me more of an appreciation for the deck :)

25th October I did a reading for myself today, still mulling that one over in between school runs and dance rehearsal and all the other stuff my 3 girls throw at me :bugeyed:

26th October 2007 today was my last day because it is a Friday and I decided to send it today rather than Monday. So now the Jean Noblet is on its way to May, all the way over to India :) I don't know how long it will take to get to her but I do hope it wont be long.....

I signed the Queen of Cups as astrologically this is me :)

Safe journey Jean Noblet.... Thank You Daizdy for getting this underway :) Thank you JMD for the Deck :)...... and Thank you Sulis, I think? for the beautiful bag :) (I cant remember who donated the bag?, sorry :|)

May

The deck took a month to travel from Australia to India. I went to post office to check if I had any mail and my mailman says he was just about to leave with my parcel.

Day 1 : I had to go to work, barely had time to open the deck. It smelt all nice from the incense. There was a small zip lock with a stone and a parchment - love from star-willow. I love the stone, it felt so cool in my hands. There were stickers form aeclectic. I took one out for me and kept the rest in.
I took the deck out, I'm used to bigger or smaller cards so it was difficult for me to shuffle. I saw the signatures on the back of cards. I took a card out - The Moon =)

Went to work, did some single card readings for a few friends on my way back from work at our favorite coffee shop. The deck read so well. I don't have anything close to TdM, so it was first time for me.

Slept with deck by my side. I don't use pillows

Day 2 : Saturday and I had a get together at my place. Some old girl friends I had not met were coming over. They are regular with me for tarot reading and come to me with all sorts of queries and guidance. I pretty much know all that happens in their life. After a hearty lunch, we caught up with each other and next was time for tarot. I used the Noblet and after a couple of readings which were not only accurate but offered guidance, I read for this friend of mine. The reading revealed an aspect of life she was hesitant to share but wanted some perspective on. She is the one who has found it hard to believe in the power of tarot. This time she was speechless.
End of the day, I pulled a card for me and slept with the deck next to me.

Day 3 : Sunday and had loads of work to do. A few late night readings for some close friends.
Monday is always difficult for me to wake up early. Sunday night I took one last card out for me - The Hanged Man, I know why.

I signed at the back of The Moon Card. Closed my eyes and sent lots of love and peace with the deck. Then packed the card with a note and small gift for fudugazi.

No cam so couldn't get pics.

The deck is on its way...

Thanks everyone to make this happen and I'm glad I could be a part of this loving journey.

Lov,
May

Sophie

a marvellous deck

I am fortunate in already owning a Noblet Tarot deck, gifted to me by a dear friend on this forum. But it was exciting to get the travelling one - all the way from India! May's little gift was very welcome - it's already holding a page in a book I am reading, so no more dog ears for my books! The deck arrived wrapped in Sulis's beautiful velvet and silk bag.

The parcel arrived the very day before I was due to travel from Spain to Switzerland for the Christmas break, so it travelled with me - through the whole of Spain, half of France and a bit of Switzerland :). The lady in the post office was very excited - it's a small pueblo, and she'd never seen mail from India before.

I have been suffering from an acute neck, shoulder and upper back pain - which hasn't been helped by my long 1200 miles drive (I drove my mother, the dog and myself, but my mother, being almost blind, can't drive). So before I set off, I drew two cards for the trip: Chariot and 4 of Coins. I took that as being conservative and careful during the trip, not pushing myself and caring for my body as I go.

Then on arrival, I drew three more cards:

For me: Judgement. Time to let that pack go, and send it on its way - but also, confirmation of its greatness as a deck.

For other users of the Noblet on its way: V of Swords. I took that to mean - break your usual habits of thought and experiment.

For the deck itself: III of Deniers - a wonderfully rich deck, which will grow in the lives of those who touch it. I chose that card to sign my name and date.

I sent it off to La-Luna in Belgium the day after I arrived, with a little gift :)

Thank you Daizdy, thank you JMD, thank you Sulis, thank you May - and thank you Jean Noblet!

la-luna

Day 1: December 31st
On the last day of the year the deck arrived at my door – I swiftly took it out of it’s pouch and box and asked it what message it was bringing me outcome was Judgement, combined with the day it arrived a strong message indeed. I signed that card also before running of to the butcher and baker to get everything in order for the feast tonight.

Day 1: January 1st
O my dear head it’s almost noon when I wake up no heavy things today but looking who has signed where and how. Afternoon I promised some readings for some friends great moment to use my Noblet (well not mine but the travelling one) great responses from both the friends and the deck by the way despite a light hangover.

Day 3: January 2nd
First half day of work (ok only a reception ) so before sending it on it’s way a quick show of at work – also many good reactions (some found it a great deck others a bit bland after some other I used before…but all in all a fine day). 11AM I was in the post office mailing it to Denmark up to Nina*

Nina*

I've had this deck since Thursday and am now about to go to the post office to ship it to Elvenstar.

For thousands of reasons I didn't get around to do actual readings with it, but I've looked at it a lot, shuffled it and did pull one card to make the deck tell me on which card to put my name; 3 d'espee.

Besides that it seems one of my cats had most fun with it (eating the bag). That bag is now replaced with one just as beautiful (and also made by Sulis) in black velvet.

I hope Elvenstar will receive it within a few days (shipping between our countries nomally takes two days only).

:)