I am afraid of the tower!

wind

Indeed; it has just been predicting upheavals and distress for me which left me shaking for weeks.

Can Tower be about good things, like having a PLEASANT surprise? Or opening, experiencing freedom or something...or is it always about such shocks?

What are your experiences with this card?

rainwolf

There have been a lot of threads on the Tower recently.

I think the tower is the element of surprise, good or bad, for the purpose of bringing in the new and clearing out the old. Surrounding cards can hint at the nature of this surprise, but it cannot be fully known until it comes--only hinted.

Personally I feel there must be a reason this information is withheld. Maybe it is so we don't change things--the outcome is meant to happen to us. That's probably why the majors can be known as 'fate' and the minors as 'free will'.

.traveller.

Most of my Tower experiences have been good ones, but that may have to do more with my outlook on the events than the events themselves. Like having a relationship self destruct, and I realize how miserable I really was in that relationship... yeah, the end came as a shock but afterwards I was FREE.

balenciaga

Shocking

All my tower experiences are shocks, some good , some bad; all entirely unexpected.

bec

wind said:
Indeed; it has just been predicting upheavals and distress for me which left me shaking for weeks.

Well, since that's what you get with the tower, then it's the Tower you need to get the message :)

Tower always represents something that has to break down inorder for you to see, whats underneath. Like a diamant you have to break out of the coal first. A relationship that has to break before you can see the truth it was based on.

Sure the breaking, suprise, the tumbling of the tower can be nasty; still try to take it easy while it's undergoing its change, and be ready for the clean up and rewards afterwards. I bet some of your experiences if you pay attention, actually comes up with something equally nice after the disarster :)

willowfox

The tower says things will change, so if you have been in a bad situation then something will cause a big change for you change into something better. It can also mean a nice surprise after one has been feeling depressed or sad. It will release you from a constricting or depressive situation.

If you have been idling along in life then Tower will shake your foundations, it will literally wake you up from your sleep, it will present you with new challenges which you may consider to be bad or good but in the end a new truth will be revealed.

If you are a member of the mafia and Tower crops up, then I would imagine that you can expect your nice life to collapse as you are going to jail.

sleepingcat

it's a purging.

And like similar purging, eg taking a dose of mineral oil, the purging part is unpleasant to say the least.

But afterwards you feel a lot better.

I kinda like the tower like that, but given the vocation I'm choosing for my life (Civil engineer, aka public servant) it makes me happy to see something vain and useless coming down, so something better and more useful can go in.

For me the tower is that old, beat up property that some one is hanging onto and battling the city every day while people are injured and property is damaged while the roadway goes repaired with an inferior design.

The day the tower falls, the owner precives they lost everything, their home... their memories... their life but at the same time the road is widened, made safer and the changes help *literally* hundreds of people for multiple generations. And in the end the original owner still has a new home.

....I guess it's a sacrifice made FOR you as opposed to the hanged man where the choice is yours.

maya

Can Tower be about good things, like having a PLEASANT surprise? Or opening, experiencing freedom or something...or is it always about such shocks?

Yes, yes, yes it can beneficent or it can be challenging.
There is no single thing in the universe which is evil or bad in itself.
E.g. a knife. In the hands of a lunatic it may be frightening
and be the symbol of danger but in the hands of a cook it may be the sign
that the meal for hungry people is going to be served soon.

The TOWER is by no means negative.
Even bad days may be birthing good ones.
The TOWER often indicates change
which can pain if we are not willing to let go,
if we resist life herself.
Instead of judging the outside world it is much more precious
to listen to the inner voice speaking through the cards
you have drawn and take care of what you create and better watch out.

All my tower experiences are shocks, some good , some bad; all entirely unexpected.

Is it really that?
Is it about the tower that you receive shocks
or is the tower showing you where you are too unaware and ignorant.
We sometimes do not expect this and that and feel disgusted
because we ignore what we create by ourselves or we ignore
certain kinds of warning lights present in others.

This is what I really dislike, seeing the tarot as the papers of today
bringing bad news and eating that as we had to.
The tarot is a tool which you can use to find better ways
to take action, showing what you better be careful about
and holding the key to being the co-creator of life.
Why being so passive and suspecting everything as anguish.

maya

~~~~~~~~~~
T A R O C C H I
~~~~~~~~~~

darkeyedstar

Hello,

the title ''I'm afraid of the tower" really cought my eye. Just today I got the tower 3 times in otherwise óptimistic'spreads. I'm sorry but i don't see how it can ever be less than horrible as it should always be sudden, out of any control, and u need to recover before u can see any positive sides of its passage. And get this: possible outcome of a situation very dear to me? the queen of swords..very grim..so i pull a clarification card...the TOWER!! Any optimistic views? I could sure use some!!
Thanx,

DarkEyeStar