MYSTIC Faery~ The High Priestess~

WaterSong

Finally I was able to come back to the Forum with no problems...I had several technical issues with my computer( beyond my understanding)....sorry Hemera :)

ok, finally I can get to this beautiful Major Card, one of my favorites in every deck...this is certainly a less "rigid" looking High Priestess...I find, personally, that most High Prientesses are depicted like this semi nun-ish women sitting with a stern look on their faces...the HP in the Victorian Romantic is totally different and I do like her a lot because she is empowered and feminine....ok this fae HP is a little like that for me...first of all she is wearing green, the color of growth and healing and it makes me think the knowledge she carries brings these things to us....she is deep in meditation but does not look tired or strained, it is a natural thing to do for her and this is maybe telling us that meditating, being with our Self is a natural thing to do, it is inborn...natutal, hence the green color of her gown.....she is a natural being, connected to earth, she is a nature Spirit after all but she is alos connected to Spirit and this is shown by the feathers in her headdress....birds have long considered the messengers of Spirit in several cultures(including the Romans)...this is a very calm HP, blending in her corner of the garden with nature around her....
By listening to nature she connects with ancients secrets and knowledge...and by doing that she goes back to her True Self, the one that will never cease to exist....and I forgot to add that the Oak tree means permanence, something solid that remains the same through the passing of time( there are oak leaves behind her).....

xoxo
magenta

willowfox

I find this quite a lovely card.

Hemera

magenta said:
I find, personally, that most High Prientesses are depicted like this semi nun-ish women sitting with a stern look on their faces...the HP in the Victorian Romantic is totally different and I do like her a lot because she is empowered and feminine....ok this fae HP is a little like that for me

Hi magenta :love: [...waving...]

these are my sentiments exactly! I love this card precisely because she is both empowered and feminine. The colours are vibrant and the oak is very fitting for her. Well grounded and powerful..

FayCarol

I like this card. It reminds me of being a mom.
I think she looks completely at peace and totally connected to nature. The feathers on her head connect her to the animals, her dress is like the vines around her, and she sits on a stone that comes from the earth. She is in perfect harmony with her surroundings.
I think we need to connect. To nature, family, god, whatever is important to us. I think we need this connection to keep us strong, happy, and to have a fulfilling life.

FayCarol

SakuraFae

Tonight I asked the deck to show me a card I would connect with on a deeper level. As I shuffled I was waffling on cutting the deck, one repositioning of the cards in my hand and the deck cut itself. I was delighted to pull II as number 2 has special significance for me.

Immediately I felt serenity envelope The Priestess. She is full of knowledge, she is at peace with herself. Yet she still has things to learn and this is her way to reach out for the answers.

"Lady" she embodies, this is who she is, sits in completementss with an orb gently resting in her hands. Her gown, edged in veins like the leaves, trailing, legs exposed. I sleep with legs kicked out from the covers. At work I specifically ordered a chair without arm rests so I can sit cross-legged. How comforting. Our legs and feet physically represent the part of our bodies that "ground" us. Her legs and feet are free from tangible things between her and being grounded.

Her broach!, utilitarian, not "girlish" nor garish but yet making a statement and still somehow blending in. I want to hold it and examine it, sit quietly with it in my hands, turning it over and caressing it, as she holds the orb.

Green shaded eyes, I long to know why. Feathers in her headdress, representing her contact with nature and all of it's creatures. For the birds who's feathers they are, have flown far and had much to tell of what their travels have taught them. I picture her being personally offered each one from a special aviary soul, whom share with her an afternoon in a glade or reclusive knoll. The two seem to come together as old well respected friends to share stories and wisdom.

Green, green, green, flows all around her. A truely beautiful card, a beautiful Fae inside and out. What she shows by practice is what I've known I've needed. I must make an effort.

One thing that struck me odd with this card, and I dare say anything to call attention to it, I fear it will diminish the card. To her left, the oak leaf has two black spots. At first I thought it was my deck, but I also see it in the book. Any insight into what it represents or why they are there?