Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996


    · Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

  Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
casia 
Citizen
 
casia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 Sep 2003
Location: D.F. Mexico
Posts: 236
5 of pentacles


I´ve been doing some relationship spreads and this 5 of pentacles card has been showing up. I´ve read that this card means financial and health loss but somewhere I also read it has to do with love, lovers and love affairs. Does anyone have something to add to this idea?????



__________________
Make the best out of today.... everyday!!!!
casia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller
 
willowfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 Mar 2007
Location: Standing on the edge of time
Posts: 32,754

Disappointment in a relationship or love affair, being rejected by the other person in a love affair, feeling abandoned by one's partner, the end of a love affair/ relationship, feeling lonely because nobody loves you, unable to form a relationship because nobody wants you.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
Vadella 
Citizen
 
Vadella's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 Apr 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,444

Only thing I can add is a lacking in the spiritual department.... and not at Sears either.

xx
Vad
Vadella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller
 
Grizabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 Jul 2004
Location: northwest US
Posts: 19,651

It can also mean sticking together through thick and thin. Taking care of each other even when the rest of the world turns away. There are many more good interpretations, depending on surrounding cards and the position in the reading.

Every card has both good and bad interpretations. None of them is either all good or all bad.

A couple more---finding your way spiritually---finding a resource to help you on your way with that.

Finding material or financial help when you need it. Just because those people are outside the church doesn't mean they won't be taken in.



__________________
Intuition is not an inferior form of mind--it is, in fact, superior to ordinary intellect, more like a "super-mind" into which you plug during extra-ordinary states of consciousness. ~Vicki Noble (creator of Motherpeace deck)

Last edited by Grizabella; 11-08-2007 at 03:42.
Grizabella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
coyoteblack 
Ball of Doom
 
coyoteblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Nov 2005
Location: New Mexico,USA
Posts: 3,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by casia
I´ve been doing some relationship spreads and this 5 of pentacles card has been showing up. I´ve read that this card means financial and health loss but somewhere I also read it has to do with love, lovers and love affairs. Does anyone have something to add to this idea?????
it can be marriage or the break up of one.

the 5 of pents can mean change of financial wealth when you get married it sure can change.

well that was the gist of 78 notes to self tarot by the numbers by mercyme.



__________________
The ball of DOOOOOM has been dropped hearken to the cry of banshees that foretell the derail.
coyoteblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
casia 
Citizen
 
casia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 Sep 2003
Location: D.F. Mexico
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire*
It can also mean sticking together through thick and thin. Taking care of each other even when the rest of the world turns away. There are many more good interpretations, depending on surrounding cards and the position in the reading.

Every card has both good and bad interpretations. None of them is either all good or all bad.

A couple more---finding your way spiritually---finding a resource to help you on your way with that.

Finding material or financial help when you need it. Just because those people are outside the church doesn't mean they won't be taken in.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, because the church in the back is a symbol of hope.



__________________
Make the best out of today.... everyday!!!!
casia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
casia 
Citizen
 
casia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 Sep 2003
Location: D.F. Mexico
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowfox
Disappointment in a relationship or love affair, being rejected by the other person in a love affair, feeling abandoned by one's partner, the end of a love affair/ relationship, feeling lonely because nobody loves you, unable to form a relationship because nobody wants you.

Willowfox.... wouldn´t this be more like the 3 of swords???? I´ve got the scapini deck and in that image a man is kissing a womans hand, that would be like looking for eachother (in a relationship) in very hard times.

Say you???



__________________
Make the best out of today.... everyday!!!!
casia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7
bec 
Citizen
 
bec's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 Oct 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,064

It's also the card about believing everyone else is better off then one self. Self delusionel "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" - powerty and misery comes in many forms, to me, in 5 pents, its something the person puts on them selves.



__________________
bec. You can do it - simply because you dare try
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #8
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller
 
willowfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 Mar 2007
Location: Standing on the edge of time
Posts: 32,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by casia
Willowfox.... wouldn´t this be more like the 3 of swords???? I´ve got the scapini deck and in that image a man is kissing a womans hand, that would be like looking for each other (in a relationship) in very hard times.

Say you???
I see your point but I see 3 swords as a very painful and heartbreaking card, a pain caused by others. The 5 pents I see as a card of problems that have been self imposed, those people who have chosen to waste their resources. The kissing of the hand is in no way an intimate gesture, it was done as a greeting, to show respect and out of politeness, and if I was in a loving relationship, I would kiss the partner's lips not their hands. So, the 5 pents does not show a loving couple in hard times, your 5 pents is showing something altogether different.

Last edited by willowfox; 12-08-2007 at 02:26.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #9
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller
 
Grizabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 Jul 2004
Location: northwest US
Posts: 19,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowfox
I see your point but I see 3 swords as a very painful and heartbreaking card, a pain caused by others. The 5 pents I see as a card of problems that have been self imposed, those people who have chosen to waste their resources.
You can't say for sure these people have wasted their resources. That reflects a strong personal judgment and prejudice on your part, in my opinion. For all we know, they could have been burned out of their home, robbed of their assets, been in an accident, or many other things outside their own control. You have a very narrow, jaded viewpoint if that's your only interpretation of this card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowfox
The kissing of the hand is in no way an intimate gesture, it was done as a greeting, to show respect and out of politeness, and if I was in a loving relationship, I would kiss the partner's lips not their hands. So, the 5 pents does not show a loving couple in hard times, your 5 pents is showing something altogether different.
In the times these cards portray, kissing the hand most certainly was an intimate gesture. Even up to the present day, it can be done in an intimate relationship in some instances.

I prefer to keep a more open mind with the cards. It opens up my readings tremendously and makes them much more pertinent to the questions asked.



__________________
Intuition is not an inferior form of mind--it is, in fact, superior to ordinary intellect, more like a "super-mind" into which you plug during extra-ordinary states of consciousness. ~Vicki Noble (creator of Motherpeace deck)
Grizabella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #10
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:25.

 


Tarot Forum Categories
· Tarot Decks
· Using Tarot Cards
· Tarot Trading
· Talking Tarot
· Reading Exchange
· Your Readings
· Tarot Games & Fun
· Tarot Deck Creation
· Marseilles
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Thoth Tarot
· Tarot Study Groups
· Lenormand
· Oracles
· Divination
· Spirituality
· Chat
· New Members
· Advertisements
· Forum Help


Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Steampunk Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Angel Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Dragon Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Fantasy Decks
· Tarot Books
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Upcoming Decks
· Solandia's Top Ten
· Top Ten Decks
· List All Decks

Who is behind the Aeclectic Tarot Forum?

My name is Kate Hill (also known as Solandia) and I'm a Tarot reader, deck collector, and lifelong student of the beauty and diversity of Tarot cards.

I created Aeclectic in 1996 to share my passion for Tarot with the world, and started the forum in 2000 so others could share theirs too. Contact me via email or here at the forum.

  Contribute to Aeclectic

· Add your deck
· Write a review
· Join the community

Get new deck updates via email
  Aeclectic Tarot Resources

Copyright © Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved.