Full moon insomnia

Moonklad

Hi everyone-
I was wondering. Does anyone have full moon insomnia like me? Lately on the nights around the full moon I have terrible insomnia. For instance, late night I didn't get to sleep at all! I mean not a wink. The night was overcast so its not like the light of the moon was keeping me awake. Usually I have no problems sleeping during the other phases. Any ideas why the moon causes this in some people?
blessings,
Moonklad

Minderwiz

Hi Moonklad,

My wife also often suffers from insomnia around the full moon. Indeed she just does not like this moon phase, or the moon in particular!

I tried to get her to post about her feelings but she just doesn't like talking about it. Clearly the Full Moon does have a significant effect on some people.

You might also look at the full moon thread further down

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7608

Regards

Minderwiz

AquarianGoddess

Sleeplessness during full Moon's is very common, along with the migraines that we spoke of before.

Many, many people I've encountered tell me that they just can't get to sleep, or only sleep for a few hours when a full Moon is approaching.

AG

PurpleGoddess

not only insomina

my cycle is centered on the full moon too. even on the pill i get it on the moon or it's the last day. i don't get headaches just very irritable!

i've gone to using valerian root on not so bad nights to taking melatonin on nights where i didn't sleep the night before.

peace and sweet dreams!
PG

purplelady

Unfortunately for this (mostly) former insomniac, it can strike at Any time! I had it last night and it was 3 days after the full moon , so I guess that's pretty close. Insomnia sucks! As much as I dislike milk, it Does help to drink a glass!

Keslynn

Sometimes I have trouble sleeping, but mostly I get very vivid dreams. I also have the unique ability to wake up exactly when I want to, without an alarm clock. Weird, eh?

:) Kes

zorya

i have trouble sleeping during and around the full moon. the sleep i do get is restless and full of very vivid dreams. i don't mind the vivid dream part....

The Enchanter

Well i don't kno about the whole "can't sleep" deal but My ESP icreases during a full moon. I think. But to help you sleep you should try meditation. I do it often. It's very soothing and will help you sleep. Just try not to think about sleeping. Just meditate. good luck!

Joywalker

Hmm....am I the only one who don't feel much whether it's full moon or new moon??

Heard so much stories and situations occurs on these moon phases but it doesn't seems to affect me at all! *shrugs*

Moonklad,I know what it feels like to have insomnia.If all things fail,maybe you should just pop some valium and try to get some sleep during those periods. :D

aeonx

Just an idéa...
I can tell on my behaviour whether it's full moon or new moon. I started to notice this pattern about two and a half years ago, when I discovered that on a certain time every month I was almost ecstatic! Once a month my energy was renewed and I was running up and down the walls. *l*

What I discovered, finally, was that this happens every new moon. The next thing was that this was the time of my birth! I think that's the reason why I don't feel all up to anything around full moon.

What do you think of my theory? :)

~aeonx~