A Deck chain. I talked to valeria and got the go-ahead for this. I am open to all suggestions for streamlining this exchange but have listed my two thoughts below. I really prefer the "B" method
I have 2 ways of doing this in mind. First the simple method: We need at least three people to sign up to get it started
1) we set an order of the first three, and set a length, say eight weeks.During this 8 week period anyone can sign up. I will put them on the chain randomly.
2) the first person(me) sends a deck to the second person, the second either keeps that deck and mails a different one forward to the third or mails the one I sent if they do not like it, you must decide and mail out within 3 or 5 days...we can decide as we streamline the rules.
3) the person receiving the deck from chain person two either keeps the deck they receive or forward it within the given time constraint. If they keep it, they send a deck to the fourth person..ect
4) Anyone can sign up right up until the eighth week to join in, I will set them on the chain.
5) After 8 weeks the chain closes and I get the last deck to close the circle, I keep whatever deck is sent to me, no option.. and the chain finishes!
Or alternitively...this sounds complex in execution but it will be simple and I think more enjoyable...
1) we have a sign up. You must sign up to play.
2) after sign up closes one person lists between 1 and however many decks they like. They will give away ONE.
-the FIRST person to choose ONE is next up.
3) they do the same. List between 1 and however many decks you like.
- the Next person Chooses ONE and is next up for listing decks..ect.
4) if no-one chooses chooses your listed deck(s) within 72 hrs you must either list different ones or...??? we will need to figure this bit out, but I hope we do not have to cross this bridge.
If you choose a deck you are committed to list a deck and complete a trade. If you do not choose a deck throughout the game, you are welcome not to complete a trade, so there is nothing to lose if you sign up unless you accept a deck, in that case as stated, you are obligated to complete a trade with someone on the sign-up sheet. You can not lose! you give a deck...you get a deck.... you do not pick a deck you do not have to give a deck.
So what do you all think? Plan A or B ? A is good for those with few decks in their collection and just want to explore, B is good for those with lots of decks and just want to explore too.
I strongly prefer B. but will let the majority decide. After we get some feedback we will open up the actual trading train.
I hope we can get a lot of people involved, the more we get the bigger the deck pool, the more enjoyable the game.