Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

The crowned one 
Moderation

Tarot Deck train exchange. FUN FUN FUN.

A Deck chain. I talked to valeria and got the go-ahead for this. I am open to all suggestions for streamlining this exchange but have listed my two thoughts below. I really prefer the "B" method

I have 2 ways of doing this in mind. First the simple method: We need at least three people to sign up to get it started

1) we set an order of the first three, and set a length, say eight weeks.During this 8 week period anyone can sign up. I will put them on the chain randomly.

2) the first person(me) sends a deck to the second person, the second either keeps that deck and mails a different one forward to the third or mails the one I sent if they do not like it, you must decide and mail out within 3 or 5 days...we can decide as we streamline the rules.

3) the person receiving the deck from chain person two either keeps the deck they receive or forward it within the given time constraint. If they keep it, they send a deck to the fourth person..ect

4) Anyone can sign up right up until the eighth week to join in, I will set them on the chain.

5) After 8 weeks the chain closes and I get the last deck to close the circle, I keep whatever deck is sent to me, no option.. and the chain finishes!

Or alternitively...this sounds complex in execution but it will be simple and I think more enjoyable...

1) we have a sign up. You must sign up to play.

2) after sign up closes one person lists between 1 and however many decks they like. They will give away ONE.
-the FIRST person to choose ONE is next up.

3) they do the same. List between 1 and however many decks you like.
- the Next person Chooses ONE and is next up for listing decks..ect.

4) if no-one chooses chooses your listed deck(s) within 72 hrs you must either list different ones or...??? we will need to figure this bit out, but I hope we do not have to cross this bridge.

If you choose a deck you are committed to list a deck and complete a trade. If you do not choose a deck throughout the game, you are welcome not to complete a trade, so there is nothing to lose if you sign up unless you accept a deck, in that case as stated, you are obligated to complete a trade with someone on the sign-up sheet. You can not lose! you give a deck...you get a deck.... you do not pick a deck you do not have to give a deck.

So what do you all think? Plan A or B ? A is good for those with few decks in their collection and just want to explore, B is good for those with lots of decks and just want to explore too.

I strongly prefer B. but will let the majority decide. After we get some feedback we will open up the actual trading train.

I hope we can get a lot of people involved, the more we get the bigger the deck pool, the more enjoyable the game.

TCO

Ah! But you are using your brain to dispute my new-age wisdom..

It's not intuition, its intelligence.
The crowned one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller

I'm in and I think the first way is the simplest and easiest.

Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House

To book a reading visit my page at:

Granny Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
tabi 
Citizen

I'm interested but have to say the second way seems way too confusing, unless there is something specific that you're looking for. However on the flip side on one if you get a deck that you dont' like you can't do anything with it...unless you want to reopen the chain with it.

I'm willing to do either, so I'll bow out of the decision making but join in the chain. I already have a deck that I was thinking of trading anyway.
tabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Sheri 
Citizen

I think I prefer the second one, the reason being that you will know what you are getting beforehand.

One thing to consider if the first method is picked - alot of the 'action' takes place offline so there should be a discussion about what will be posted in the forum while the chain is going on... such as:

do you keep the deck received and sent off a secret? Is the only posting going to be when received and when sent to the next person?

Just wondering -

valeria
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
tabi 
Citizen

I like not knowing what I'm going to get...then I'm didn't get very many presents either so I like the excitement of it.
tabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
The crowned one 
Moderation

I am with valeria, B is better, and not near as convoluted as I make it sound.

As far as "A" goes, you would not know what you are getting and if you sent it forward, the next person would not know that until it arrived, in theory the first deck could make it full cycle and we would all be out post and I would have my deck back!!

This can not happen with "B" but it may slow the train down on occasion if someone lists say a "Royal Tarot" and no other options, we would have to wait out the 72 hrs and they would be obligated to list a different deck as they would have received a deck. That of course would not be in the spirit of the game and very, very unlikely to happen.

We are working out the bugs and that is good.

Old 19-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
The crowned one 
Moderation

Keep in mind in the second way all players/traders are open to accept one of the decks offered, there is no sequence, but once you take a deck you must make a trade to someone on the train... It is really wide open that way.

I suppose if we get enough people we could do both. I know I would.

Last edited by The crowned one; 19-08-2007 at 16:07.
Old 19-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller

I think plan A is the simplest and most fun. If the person posts what they get, but not what they've sent on, then we keep track of the chain that way and still don't spoil the surprise of what's going to be coming in the mail to the next person because they don't know whether the deck will be the one received by the last person or a different one. No problem that I can see unless someone slips and posts that they've sent the deck on that they received, which could be made a rule not to do that.

With plan B, there's the waiting 72 hours thing and the problem of there not being a list posted but just maybe 1 deck.

I was thinking of posting a similar (but different) chain, but the crowned one beat me to it.

Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House

To book a reading visit my page at:

Granny Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
The crowned one 
Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire*
I think plan A is the simplest and most fun. If the person posts what they get, but not what they've sent on, then we keep track of the chain that way and still don't spoil the surprise of what's going to be coming in the mail to the next person because they don't know whether the deck will be the one received by the last person or a different one. No problem that I can see unless someone slips and posts that they've sent the deck on that they received, which could be made a rule not to do that.

With plan B, there's the waiting 72 hours thing and the problem of there not being a list posted but just maybe 1 deck.

I was thinking of posting a similar (but different) chain, but the crowned one beat me to it.
Good points Solitaire.

"A" is the mystery deck train.
"B" is the deck exchange train.

Should we do both games consecutively? Concurrently would be too much I think.

we have two for "A" and two for "B" right now. When we do play I will start a new post, but I would love to see more people getting involved. This is a pretty short train right now LOL

Old 20-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
tarotlyn 
~ Follow Your ♥ Heart ♥ ~

Hi! Everybody!

I want to play!....hmmm...

I choose Plan B
But it has to be controlled how many times the same person can come back
and pick a deck! They have to wait until everyone on the list has picked a deck...
...and then it starts over again? Someone (The crowned one!) has to keep the
PARTICIPANT'S NAME list in order and updated daily and in view so all can see what is going on.

Lyn

Last edited by tarotlyn; 20-08-2007 at 04:09.
tarotlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today