Unlikely take on the Hermit, yet it makes sense...

Raya

So I recently asked about the future of my love life, and I got the Hermit. Now if that isn't the picture of single life, then I don't know what is. All alone on top of a mountain (or apartment building,) getting older, growing a long beard (which is a little weird, since I'm a woman...).... all... alone....

So appropriate.

::Sigh::

And so depressing.

Never thought of the Hermit having anything to do with being single, but then it's all about context, isn't it?

I thought it was funny and wanted to share. :rolleyes:

huredriel

Raya, I always get the Hermit and/or 9 pents for life as a single woman LOL. Seems very apt to me!

willowfox

The Hermit chooses to be alone by their own choice.

Thirteen

Keep in mind that the cards do not predict that far into the future. The single life for now--and given the Hermit, that may be for a very good reason. Perhaps what's out there isn't worthy of you yet, there is no one wise enough or enlightened enough for you. But that doesn't mean the single life forever. There are Hermits that do come down from their mountains, that do go off in search with their lanterns. And there are some who eventually leave the solitary life to rejoin humanity.

Believe me, the Hermit is what I once saw for myself, and I was resigned to it...then, out of nowhere, I met someone and to my astonishment, and everyone else's in my family, I ended up happily married. You never know what your lantern will find out there in the dark, on roads no one else has traveled. The Hermit may be solitary, but he's also out on a special quest. And he might just find something very unique at the end of it.

caridwen

Also keep in mind that the Hermit has reached enlightenment and waits for those of similar mind to come to them. Who will be attracted to their light:D

Whitestar

...the Hermit is searching!

willowfox

He seems to be searching in the wrong places on a barren mountain top, unless he/her fancies a mountaineer or a goat?

SphinYote

willowfox said:
He seems to be searching in the wrong places on a barren mountain top, unless he/her fancies a mountaineer or a goat?

Burly, muscular ski instructor? Not my type, but it might suit someone else's fancy...;)

Remember, mountain tops are popular places for tourists from around the world...:)

SphinYote

Alternatively, the cards are telling you to ask that little reclusive old man with the long beard who lives alone down the street on a date...you know who I'm talking about, the one that goes wandering up and down the street with his lantern shining brightly late at night....:D

Seafra

/raises hand. Yep, I see old hermie in the same context too, along with the 9 of Pentacles. I like the thought that The Hermit is on the mountain top. You can see so much more from there -- far more than those singles who are hanging out in the valley or in the settled areas (pun intended). Sea