Conquering The Court - Page Pentacles

Sinduction

Now on to the fourth in the 16 part series of Conquering the Court - Once and For All!

I hope we're all learning and becoming more confident in our interpretations.

We move onto the Page of Pentacles/Coins.

Pages are associated with Earth and this page is Earth. So this page is the youthful and immature characteristics of earth.

So if the Page of Pentacles comes up in a reading, it could be a child or a message associated with the earth aspects.

I have no idea what kind of child this is.

And for messages, all I know is money.

I'm leaving this pretty bare for all of you because this is the suit I like the least and my notes are sadly lacking for earth cards. I get the whole money, work thing but I just think it should be more than that.

I've heard it's also a "sensing" element but I haven't figured out how to apply that to the cards, or even really what it means! :D

This is our last page, I'm so excited to get to the knights!!

willowfox

This page is a quiet chap, a student of learning, a person with a love of books, an educated and hard working person, a person who knows how to play with finances, this page has to do with writing, reading, paperwork of all kinds, this page will oneday go to university.

tantricknite

Rose Of The Palace Of Earth

The page of Penticles is earth of earth which means he has an appitite for an appitite.He's the kid who can't get enough to eat !!! He is very much in the world and enjoys pleasure and physical comforts. He is practicle, studius when it suites him, athletic, healthy,happy and lucky.He's likes buying lottery ticket's.He likes a routine and doesn't like change to much.He is happiest amongst family and freinds and familuar surroundings.He loves nature and would likely subscibe to National Geographic.He had a hamster as a kid and a snake as an adult.The shadow aspect of his character could be that he is short sighted and easly distracted from his ambitions.He can be distrustful of strangers and new things.He can be superstious,mean and angery.He fits the profile for the class bully.No matter how much he has he always wants more.The Magick of the page though is his belief in mirackles as shown by the floating pentigram hovering just above his hands.

willowfox

This guy also has a love of nature and animals so there are a lot of potential hands on jobs open to him, like farmers, vets, gardeners etc.
This guy is much more down to earth and has little interest in the spiritual side of life, if it isn't touchable, then it isn't real and therefore of no interest.

Sinduction

Does anyone have anything else to add on the pentacles aspect here?

dangerdork

My spin on the "money" aspect you mentioned is Security. It's not money for its own sake, for greed's sake, but more like having something put away for a rainy day. Making the house payment on time. Having a job where you don't need to wonder if you'll be laid off next week. Pentacles people need to know their place in the world, they need to have a defined niche, an anchor. They need to "know where they stand." The bully-child aspect of the Page of Pents overcompensates for NOT having yet established his role or his rules, and of all the children, he's the most uncomfortable with that.

As far as being a "sensing" suit, Pentacles people have a passion for the finer sensual pleasures in life - being very connected to the Earth around them, they love good food, good wine, good music... the "Earthly Pleasures." And yes, that includes a healthier-than-average libido (Maybe the Page is even a bit precocious in this aspect). This connectedness to the world around them ties in as well to their love of nature and animals.

The crowned one

Sinduction said:

I will be adding to this pretty soon Sin ;)

tantricknite

dangerdork said:
They need to "know where they stand." The bully-child aspect of the Page of Pents overcompensates for NOT having yet established his role or his rules, and of all the children, he's the most uncomfortable with that.
I like that insight. My description was obviously a boy I wonder if anyones got a good description of a girl.......

willowfox

tantricknite said:
I like that insight. My description was obviously a boy I wonder if anyones got a good description of a girl.......

Well, what ever applies to the male page equally applies to the female page.

shaveling

Sinduction said:
They're not just money, but resources in general. (I think Fudugazi may have said that in another thread somewhere.) They can be personnel; time; energy; fuel; information; talents; and often I see them as computers, because of circular hard drives. The coins are whatever it takes to get things done.

When I lay out my TdM courts side by side, they seem to make an intelligible pattern if the King is on my left, as I view the cards, followed by Queen, Knight, and ending with the Page on the far right. With the Coins, the Page actually seems to be tossing coins from a stack at his feet to the Knight. That makes the page the guy who is responsible for delivering the resources to the place they're needed.