Universal Goddess Tarot - The Emperor

Mimers

The picture on this card is of Athena. She stands with a strong and concentrated stance. You can tell that she not only has strength but smarts. ?She approaches the battle standing up straight as opposed to some of the men who stand as though they are ready to plunge forward any second. Athena has a plan. Her sword stands straight up and down not forward. On her shoulder sits her wise owl. Her shield has the face of an angry sun on it. This shield is the face she puts forth, yet behind this shield she shows calm composure.

To me this card speaks of having a well thought out plan based on knowledge and wisdom behind every action you do. What a great card for today as I think of all the things I have to do in order to get ready for our picnic on Monday.

The lwb states:

“I protect my country, I govern with justice and fight with valor. I am Athena, the supreme Greek goddess of battles, power, ingenuity and skill.”

Some research on line about this goddess reveals that she was not borne of a woman but came full grown directly out of Zeus’ head. He must have manifested his idea of the ideal daughter. She is a protectress and a reasoner. The perfect goddess for the Emperor card.