study group ~ *s c o r p i o*

isthmus nekoi

yes, that's right, Keslynn! I've read far too many sources where the authors make biased conclusions like: obviously this artifact is depicting a <whatever supports their thesis>. It's so troubling b/c you look at it and think: but that could easily be something else!

lou

still about eighth house

and what about seventh and eighth house meanings involved together? they can been seen as pointing out the metaphor of psychotherapy (the old, 'good' school one, Freud's and Jung's)-
the seventh : the setting, therapeutic alliance, the one to one speech,the tranfert concept, the general idea of one person receiving 'things' from another and => giving him back (eighth) transformed. I definitly (hmm..?) see the eighth house as an alchemy retort where "the other's" gifts (seventh) can be used and converted into new material of life, new sources.
might be, I have a too optimistic view of the whole thing.

isthmus nekoi

I would say the "other's things" is also a part of the 8th house which governs other's resources. But to get to another's resources, there must be... another. So that's where 7th house comes in.

Minderwiz

Yes, exactly Isthmus

The Eighth is the second from the seventh and so represents the resources, (both material and skills) of the significant other. This can range from a Dowry for a wedding to the skills a partner brings to a business.

However if we're talking about non-material 'gifts' then we need to look to another house, for example their hopes and aspirations would be the eleventh from the seventh - the radical fifth, their beliefs, philosophy and outlook on life would be the ninth from the seventh or the radical third.

rcb30872

Hi

I know that I am extremely late, being roughly 2 years since the last post. I have a very keen interest in astology since I can remember, but have now decided to really get into it.

I have to agree that there are some books that have a very negative outlook on the signs, I have bought one not that long ago "Zodiac: Your Everyday Astrology Guide for Life and Love" by Athena Starwoman (don't ask me when, because I can't remember - a few months). The descriptions of the different signs goes into great detail and is generally not negative.

My best friend in school was a Scorpio, I still can't figure her out. Needless to say, I have gone my way and she has gone her way, just the way things are. Another Scorpio that I knew, more of an acquaintance, who I thought was very nice and, well, to put it mildly "yummy" even though he was younger than me, and worked in the mining industry, as was mentioned above. There is a guy that I was sort of involved with not that long ago and he is a Taurus Sun and a Scorpio Moon. He sounds just like the description that you gave, very driven, started up his business which he seems to put a LOT of effort into, almost to the detriment of other aspects of his life. I know this sounds strange, no matter how hard I would like to dislike him from the "treatment" I find that I can't!

Thanks, I will looking into the other threads about the other signs with interest, especailly Virgo (my Sun), Taurus (my Moon and the above mentioned person's Sun) and Capricorn (my Ascendant). I would be interested in the others, as I know people who have the other signs, especially family!

Bec