relationship reading - me and a friend

zayats

RWS, no rx.

Background: we are not together, recently got very close and both agree it can be called real friendship. However, sometimes it goes beyond platonic. Still I get the impression we (or at least me) don't feel the urge to start a romantic relationship. So I did this reading to get more insight into the situation.

7*2
6*3

1- base card, general view on the relationship - 6 swords
This card is not totally clear to me. I think it is positive here - means finding something important, beginning of a new path (friendship).

2 - what he thinks - Ace pents - I think he finds me precious, likes being with me, sees me as an unexpected gift maybe (we met in quite unusual circumstances) or maybe he thinks about taking this chance and starting something more romantic...

3 - what he feels - 2 swords - obviously blocked. Maybe he's afraid of his emotions (because he doesn't want to be hurt again) or maybe he is just cold and can't feel anything for me even though he tries...

4 - how he acts - King swords - well, seems far from it, actually. He's always been very friendly and warm towards me and also to others. Maybe it's about being honest, well-behaved and galant?

7 - what I think - 3 pents - I see him as someone from who I can learn many things and am hoping to cooperate also (as we had some idea of a project), I value him, he's also a sort of gift for me.

6 - what I feel - 7 wands - I'm afraid my position may be endangered in the future. I am afraid of losing my freedom maybe? Yes, not sure what I want ;)

5 - how I act - 0 Fool - definitely enjoying his company, having a very good time, showing the bright side of my nature (sometimes even in excess;)). Or I act like a fool? ;)

Now I'd like some of your insight :) Some things are not clear. Will appreciate your views.

le fey

Hey zayats!

What strikes me about the 6 of Swords in the position of being the basis of this relationship is the old Simon & Garfunkel song "Bridge Over Troubled Water" which I think makes a great motto for any friendship.

lyrics: http://www.wbr.com/paulsimon/lyrics/bridge_over_troubled_water.html

I'd be inclined to read the remaining cards as pairs, since the purpose is to look a the relationship itself... see how your thoughts/feelings/actions mesh with one another.

2 - what he thinks - Ace pents
7 - what I think - 3 pents

Both Pentacles, which may indicate a physical attraction that's there, but looking at that Base card, I'm thinking has more to do with security and stability. He thinks this relationship provides new potential for him to feel secure...perhaps this isn't something he's experienced from a friendship before? For you, you are seeing how the two of you work well together to build a strong, solid friendship. Your thoughts on the matter mesh well, I think.

3 - what he feels - 2 swords
6 - what I feel - 7 wands

He's feeling of two minds about this relationship - building on his thoughts, if this sense of security is new to him, he may not be entirely comfortable with how comfortable it is (if that makes sense)... he may feel there ought to be more drama attached and not sure what it means that there isn't. (not that he wants drama - just that he's learned from his past experiences that drama goes hand in hand with close relationships so he expects it). So he isn't sure what he thinks he ought to feel about this thing you two have.

The 7 of Wands shows a person courageously battling against unseen enemies - this may be you sensing the uncertainty he has, but since his worries are so ethereal, you're not really sure what you need to do about it, so you feel the need to fight, but don't have a good idea of what it is you're supposed to be fighting. (How does a person fight against a comfortable lack of drama, anyway? it may be a matter of feeling the need to battle his concerns that a quiet, drama-free friendship is as deep as one with a lot of fireworks) This 7 also is reminding me of that first card again - that for you, you really do feel the protective elements of that song. If anyone messes with him, they're going to have to come through you first.

It seems to me that getting your feelings sorted out about one another but also about what defines a relationship at all are the biggest area the two of you still need to work through.

4 - how he acts - King swords
5 - how I act - 0 Fool

My first thought? He plays Bert to your Ernie! That is, he's the mature, dignified and intellectual straight man to your bright-eyed innocent foolishness. I bet you two laugh a lot but you deliver most of the punchlines.
These two look like polar opposites - the one side being very inclined to use thought and analysis as the ruling force in any decision, and the other just leaping out in faith to see what happens. But as a pair, these two can work well together, with him keeping you from breaking your neck and you getting him up out of that throne and into a few adventures..and again back to that base card, if it doesnt go well, you've got each others' back.

Goodness..Simon & Garfunkel, Bert & Ernie.... this Pop Culture interpretation is brought to you by the Letter T and the Number 7.

willowfox

6 swords your relationship is entering a new phase, a peaceful and harmonious time where you will both get on well together.

Ace pents says he thinks that this relationship can be very passionate and enjoyable. he thinks that he can trust you.

2 swords yes, he feels blocked at the moment because he is unsure what you actually want, so he is afraid to make any move in case he upsets the balance here.

King swords he is acting in an honest way, he acting honourably and not pushing himself on you.

3 pents you think that there is a great opportunity to cooperate together, to have fun and enjoy.

7 wands is about going after what you want, you like him and you are ready to state your claim.

Fool you act carefree, you are having fun, enjoying yourself, you got no worries, so you are following your heart.

zayats

Loved the replies

Wow! I got two great answers! Thanks, guys :) I loved the "pop-cultural" interpretation by le fey (btw, thanks for reminding me of the song) - keep it up! And I found Willowfox' interpretation brilliant as always - straight and concise :)