Pluto The planet of tranformation ?

vision777

I was reading the new york post newspaper horoscopes yesterday and they kept talking about the planet Pluto, I just wanted to know does anybody here know what Pluto means in terms of astrology because I just read a couple of things about it being apart of death and new beginnings and then I thought I heard some people saying that pluto was not being counted as a planet any more , but any way can someone please explain Pluto I would be very thankful for your help

willowfox

Pluto has to do with transformation, regeneration, rebirth, nuclear power, crime of all kinds, terrorism.

Now the planet or shall we now say moon is very small, extremely far away, and very slow moving. It will stay in one sign for years. Many astrologers say that it is very important and very powerful, I am not one of them, this moon takes decades to move around. Okay nuclear power is new but all the other things it is supposed to rule have been around since humans first stood upright.

In a branch of astrology called horary, the majority of astrologers do not take Pluto into account.

MCsea

HI I have pluto prominent in my chart - and so I do consider it important, Iahve a mars pluto square - OUCH
I see pluto as being the great recycler in our lives - since the dawn of time too, nothing stays the same, somethings disintegrate others explode some just rot I think the rotting is pluto - in a flash of brilliance I thought the best thing pluto was good for was getting rid of really nasty stuff - like the 'toilet room' in a home - saying that IM having a pluto square pluto at the moment, so once that is over I might find something NICE to say about the planet ;)

MARINA

dadsnook2000

Pluto is and isn't . . .

Pluto, like other planets and components that we place into the astrological model of our "birth chart", may or may not be significant for us as individuals. What many of us forget is that not everything placed into our charts is something that we resonate to.

We have physical bodies such as the Sun and planets and asteroids. We have mathematical constructs such as house cusps and signs. We have actual points in space which cannot be seen such as the Moon's nodes and mid-points. We also have several coordinate systems which are used and not-used to determine where one of these astrological components can be placed or which can be used to define a "relationship" to another component.

On top of all of this ambiguity, we have the actual "practice of astrology" to contend with -- meaning the types of charts and methods we use to look at and understand the components in the charts.

Given all that, I have seen a great many instances where Pluto played a powerful role in one's chart. I think of the many T-squares involving Pluto with Moon and Mercury and the stressful, upheaval-filled lives of clients with those patterns. I see my chart and life where Pluto seems to be invisible and of little consequence. Pluto can be a powerful symbol. When it works in a chart it can have so many possible meanings. The trick for the astrologer is to know which meaning(s) to apply.

Part of this is understanding which type of chart you are using to answer what type of question. Part is understanding IF and HOW Pluto is portrayed and positioned in the natal chart.
** Pluto coming to a mid-point in a solar-arc progressed chart when it is also significant in a birth chart will almost certainly be life-changing.
** Pluto being transited in a natal chart by the Moon when it is part of a Sun-Moon-Pluto t-square may just be a stressful day.
** Pluto (transiting) being on the Ascendant of a Solar Return chart may just signify a year when the personality will change: a quiet person may emerge as being more involved in life. If the natal Pluto is at the Ascendant then the person may change their whole life-style or find that stressful life-styles has generated conditions that affect their health. If both the transiting and natal Pluto's are angular than the year may bring calamity and change in several areas.

Its all part of the process of learning this complex art form. Dave

vision777

quote willowfox : Pluto has to do with transformation, regeneration, rebirth, nuclear power, crime of all kinds, terrorism

so is pluto a dangerous planet? because I know mars deals with anger I did not know pluto deals with crimes I don't understand that because I thought mars is the planet of violents and fights isn't those crimes too ? how is a planet (Pluto) that deals with rebirth consider a planet that is connected to crimes?

willowfox

Mars covers violence and warfare the type of aggression that is out in the open for all to see. A gunfight, a murder, any violent that you can see.
Pluto is lord of the underworld so that is why the connection to crime and organized crime, it is something that is hidden,secret and out of sight. Gangsters have all been associated with darkness, so they won't be seen, they commit their crimes away from the public view.
The underworld is where a dead person gets reborn and therefore has a connection to sex and reproduction.
Pluto is considered dangerous because it is a destroyer, think nuclear bombs.

vision777

thank you that was the most clearest answer I've ever heard I have been going through some weird moments with my child's father he has been acting very strange and he does not call he was not acting like this before it all started on saturday sept 15th . I think pluto may be playing a part in this he is a libra and I am a capricorn.

MCsea

willowfox said:
Pluto is considered dangerous because it is a destroyer, think nuclear bombs.

To some extent I agree but I think Uranus is more nuclear bombs
pluto is a transformer - re-cycle - breaks down so far but then leaves enough to be rebuilt.. like compost..

Uranus some times just leaves nothing... but complete change (not disaster I agree)??

just some thoughts...

willowfox

MCsea said:
To some extent I agree but I think Uranus is more nuclear bombs
pluto is a transformer - re-cycle - breaks down so far but then leaves enough to be rebuilt.. like compost..

Uranus some times just leaves nothing... but complete change (not disaster I agree)??

just some thoughts...

Uranus is much more sudden and explosive, much smaller and localized, Uranus does not cause widespread total destruction, there is always something left, it is a planet of change but not total destruction, something can grow afterwards.

Pluto has to do with absolute total destruction, annihilation, holocaust where nothing is left, nothing can survive its power, so nothing new can come from its destruction.

MCsea

willowfox said:
Uranus is much more sudden and explosive, much smaller and localized, Uranus does not cause widespread total destruction, there is always something left, it is a planet of change but not total destruction, something can grow afterwards.

Pluto has to do with absolute total destruction, annihilation, holocaust where nothing is left, nothing can survive its power, so nothing new can come from its destruction.

Well I suppose it can reside differntly in differnt people cause I beleive in re-generation, past and future lives - no complete end..
Symbol of Scorpio Transformative Regenerative Self, maybe I just need some hope..