Maroon Tarot TSG - The High Priestess (Kaplanka)

Gayla

The intense flow of energy we saw in the Magician seems to be flowing thru the High Priestess card as well....

http://www.kartytarota.pl/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=36&page=view&catid=1&PageNo=1&key=2&hit=1

Honestly, I can't recall or think of any other deck which shows the High Priestess with her back turned, but it is intriguing.

Does anyone know of any other?

The city pictured in the card seem desolate, dark and abandoned, but the HP enters without fear because she is either drawn to the energy of needs to obtain and interact with it for a specific purpose.

To me, this card captures the concept of mystery and acknowledgment of the shadows very well.

In a reading, I would ask the Seeker to think about what the city and energy source represent to them and if they were the HP in the card, what would they do next as a way to challenge them to go look beyond the obvious, traditional interpretation of this card.

Or, I might be inclined to ask them if the HP figure turned around, who in their life would they see?

Arcana XV

To me this High Priestess only confirms what I've always felt was at the core of this card: a deep detachment from reality. She is lost in her own surreal world and, even though her back is turned, it's pretty obvious (to me anyway) that her attention is focused on the ethereal beings flowing in and out of the energy veil in front of her. It matters little to her that the surroundings are bleak and desolate, for she has no real interest in the material world.

She represents that fine line between the mind and the soul; between consciousness and subconsciousness; between thoughts and spirit. On this card, my eye is drawn more to the bright energy veil than to her form. It's like she's there, but she's not really there unless I make a conscious effort to notice her.

Gayla

Yes, Yes, Yes. True, True, and True.

I have always felt a little uneasy about the HP and wanted to accuse her of being detached from the material reality.

Compare to the classic HP in the RWS...

http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj02.jpg

To me, she has a blank stare and seems bored with the material realm around her...

The Maroon HP just takes it to another level I think because her back is turned, which forces us to focus on her focus of the energy force.

Does that make sense?...

Also, is it just me, or do these cards seem to be flowing together in a unique way with the strategic placement of the glowing energy effect?

silverwings94

I too see her looking out past everything.
Did anyone see the outline of the skull face in the tower next to her? If that isn't scary I don't know what is. In fact I can see two. She's appears to be looking at the devestation and emptyness. Possibly wondering what happened and how did it get this way. Could She have changed things to bring about a better outcome?
Silverwings94

Gayla

I'm looking....I don't see the skull outline...where is it exactly?

Arcana XV

I see them too now, but I wonder if it's not an optical illusion. There's one in the upper right hand corner of the image, just below the rounded edge of the border and another below it, a little to the left. Weird.

Gayla

I see it a little, when I hold it up to the light very closely. I'm not convinced it's intentional. But, it did make me look past the building and energy force just a bit. The cards have a lot of depth.

silverwings94

Gayla said:
I see it a little, when I hold it up to the light very closely. I'm not convinced it's intentional. But, it did make me look past the building and energy force just a bit. The cards have a lot of depth.
They surely do. I can't wait till I have mine in my hands .Just looking at them at the website gets me really excited. They have so much in them I think they have become my most favorite.
Doing this study group has taught me so much about intuitive tarot and I thank you for starting it.
Silverwings94

Gayla

:) Your welcome....that means so much to me. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

You'll love the deck.

Educatio

Gayla... intuitive Maroon Tarot...

The Maroon Tarot is 80% intuitive...

I can read about Tarot and talk to the painter, Tomek Maronski, about it but what comes out is a fruit of a relationship between Tomek's imagination and higher powers, I don't really know how to call it but there's definitely something that guides this deck.
Last week, on the 10 October, at noon (my birthday) I went to a tarotist. I was there half a year ago and asked her if I should have the cards published (she did not see them). The cards said I should but it would be later than I planned (the obstacles were printers and money).
So I went to her to ask about the future of this project. At the end of the session I took out the Maroon Tarot (I didn't want to perceived as an old /36/ peddler;) and showed the cards to the woman. Something really powerful started happening in the middle of the day...
another woman, a client, came for the next session, a tarotist as well and I can't tell you how strange the meeting was, with 3 tarotist and the cards talking. The cards all of the sudden started collaborating with the tarotist and she came out with a spread; not thinking much she was choosing the cards one by one really fast and they told a story of my life. That was an incredible experience!
The ladies decided that the deck is for special purposes only. The cards should not be used for a 'normal' everyday questioning but for the special moments in life. One of them said the Maroon cards can serve as a therapeutic measure and she's going to write a book on it.

oh well...
as I said before: the cards lead their own life...

Thank you, Gayla, for everything. You're a true blessing. How's your third eye doing? Does it wear glasses already?;)

Maja