what is the best intermediate and advanced books

HOLMES

1. what is the best intermediate books
2. what is the best advanced books
please try to give 5 books for each section

1. intermediate ,
1.78 degrees will take anyone if they approach it with an open mind from beginner to intermediate.
2. tarot reversals.
3. tarot and tree of life: every day wisdom in minor arcana,

5. advanced.
1. living the tarot
2. rabbi's tarot
3. tarot shadow work.
4. qabalistic tarot

(i haven't read tarot for yourself, tarot mirrors, tarot consellations, or any of the books on my trade wish, besides the creating your own tarot cards)

Phoenix

Oh thank you for starting this thread. OI was going to do this sooner or later.

I would say that "Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom" is a good intermedieate book.

Jewel

HOLMES said:
tarot for yourself, tarot mirrors, tarot consellations

I would classify Tarot for Yourself as a beginners workbook, Tarot Constellations as somewhere between beginner and intermediate, have not worked with tarot mirrors yet so I cannot comment.

Need to look through my books to answer the main focus of this thread.

ihcoyc

One fairly good intermediate book, geared towards historical decks, is Gareth Knight's The Treasure House of Images.

For Advanced books, I'd give two thumbs up to Meditations on the Tarot, published anonymously by Valentin Tomberg. It's not for everyone, though; and those who can't relate might prefer Crowley's The Book of Thoth as an Advanced selection. Crowley's book relates best to those who use Crowley's deck, even as 78 Degrees of Wisdom relates best to the Rider-Waite-Smith deck.

Dummett et. al.'s A Wicked Pack of Cards and The Game of Tarot are informative, even if they aren't geared to making you a better reader.

Alissa

... like I have any authority on this but ...

Beginner's book : Choice Centered Tarot - Gail Fairfield

Beginner's and Intermed. - Learning the Tarot - Joan Bunning
78 Degrees of Wisdom - Racheal Pollack

Intermediate - Tarot Reversals - mary Greer (which I have yet to read cover to cover, I'm only going on reputation and what i've dipped into inside the book so far)

And, I have a copy of Pollack's Forest of Souls waiting for me at the bookstore!

I don't know Advanced, as I am not there yet~!!! :D

truthsayer

nina lee braden's "moonstruck" site also has a very comprehensive list of tarot books both nonfiction and fiction. she rates them in terms of beginners,intermediate, advanced.