Does these cards mean "rape"?

BLFO

10 Swords and Empress...victimization of womanhood?

balenciaga

Can be inner pain(depression), mental anguish over a mother, or a mother's anguish.

tarot4fun

question clarified~ post not relevant

BLFO

This was for a romantic relationship. So I thought it had to deal with date rape.

huredriel

BLFO said:
This was for a romantic relationship. So I thought it had to deal with date rape.
Unfortunately I've had a card come up for this particular event ...... Hanged Man. Hanged Man of course can be a *shadow*/teacher card of the Empress ... but for Empress to be pulled in a romantic reading ......... not date rape to my mind.

Dean

balenciaga said:
Can be inner pain(depresion), mental anguish over a mother, or a mother's anguish.

I would go more with balenciaga on this, if the Tower had been in the reading this would of implied some violence might of accured towards the person, with maybe the Devil card that can mean something of sexual entrapment.

satine

date rape?

I did a reading related to the sad topic of rape (a stranger assault in this case), and at the center of the spread (crossing) were the 6 of Pentacles (Coins) and the Page of Pentacles. I took this to mean that the person was trying to learn to trust again after being in a situation that made her so powerless. Within that same spread were the 9 of swords, 3 of swords, and the 10 of wands (representing her-- in this case an emotional burden and a tendency toward self-blame)-- all quite understandable.

That said, I doubt that there is one card or set of cards that would always represent rape or date rape. A number of different card combinations could collectively suggest such a possibility, but I certainly wouldn't want to rush to that conclusion...

starless

satine said:
That said, I doubt that there is one card or set of cards that would always represent rape or date rape. A number of different card combinations could collectively suggest such a possibility, but I certainly wouldn't want to rush to that conclusion...

I agree with Satine, I think there would be various cards combined that could *imply* a horrible situation such as that but with no certainty. Hmm...Empress and 10 Sw doesn't come to mind for this. I'm leaning more on cards like the Devil, Tower, (as some have suggested) and the 7 Sw. Someone I know of happened to get the 7 Sw card when she suspected this had happened to her. Sometimes I think the 6 P as well [because displayed there, one person clearly has power over the other].

ana luisa

I see this combination as implying a woman who lets herself be hurt several times, takes in the pain, sucks it in in the name of love. She is giving (Empress) even though she gets swords as appreciation.
On the flipside, it could mean a woman who is simply tired of it all and wants to call it a day (10). It really does depend on the question you asked and the context of the reading. and no, I don´t see it as rape. The 8 of swords looks much more like rape to me.

satine

7 and 8 of swords

Interestingly, the 7 of Swords and 8 of Swords also come up quite a bit for the person I mentioned before (in reference to a prior sexual assault). I think that the 7 of swords can definitely suggest someone who has taken something without permission, and within a certain context this "something" could have a sexual undertone.